Craigslist and Other Bargains

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This thread is for us to post that fantastic bargain we just got, whether from Craigslist, a garage sale, Goodwill, or where ever you found your great purchase, even better if it is free. Post pictures and we will oooh and aaah over your bargain and congratulate you on your find.

I'll start off with what we got today.

We went to Lowes today and raided the cull rack. We got $349.53 worth of lumber for $95. Their asking price was $160, but I lowballed the number and they took my offer. :weee

We got 2 sheets of 7/16 OSB plywood, 1 sheet of 1/4" oak plywood (perfect for the chicken tractors I am about to build) 39 treated 1x6x8' and 11 treated 1x4x10' and (5) 1x4x8' and 4 treated 4x4x12 along with several 2 by's of various widths and lengths.

We have several building projects, sheep shed, chicken tractors, pig pen and a new dog cave and dog house for Paris. We are happy with the load of rejects we got!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's a great deal Bay! I'm going to love this thread. Today we went to a thrift store and picked up 8 LARGE matching double paned windows, and a baby bed spring and two shirts for the boys for less than $100. The windows will be going in the new coop, and will be on hinges so they can be opened. We weren't going to buy windows but these were so much nicer and bigger than what we had. Too dark for pictures tonight, but soon!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got free produce for the piggies/goats/chickens . Rejects from a food bank - piggies/goats/chickens didn't care that it was rejects. Should be getting it on a semi-regular basis for awhile!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya'll can even post about and post pictures of past good deals that you got.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's a great deal Bay! I'm going to love this thread. Today we went to a thrift store and picked up 8 LARGE matching double paned windows, and a baby bed spring and two shirts for the boys for less than $100. The windows will be going in the new coop, and will be on hinges so they can be opened. We weren't going to buy windows but these were so much nicer and bigger than what we had. Too dark for pictures tonight, but soon!

Watcha gonna do with that baby bed spring? :pop I can think of a few things....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Was really looking for a small folding table and chairs for kids but found this at the Rehab store for $15 and couldn't pass it up. Wish it had had another chair to go with it. This will be the girls' new activities table. Ignore the date on the pic...just bought this on Tues.

100_0480.JPG

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I went to the grocery store today to get strawberries ( for the pound cake our neighbor made for us yesterday.):drool
They were having a big buy one get one sale on meat and other things we routinely buy, and I went shopping. On a bill that would have been $221.36, I got $73.44 off and only paid $147.92. Of course, eventually I want to lower my grocery bills with home grown stuff, but for now, I'll keep watching the sales. Much of what I bought today went right into the freezer. :celebrate

Btw, the strawberries were also BOGO! :)