Cranberry Juice

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I finally tried the cranberry juice that I made. It is fantastic!! It may be a little too sweet, but I will see how I feel about it when I reach the bottom of the quart jar. Even DH liked it. I know cranberries are tart, so it could get too tart very quickly for me once I start decreasing the sugar content. I don't really like tart or sour stuff very much.

My sister just bought a soda stream so I will bring her one of my quarts of cranberry juice for her to try Cranberry Soda, lol.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I finally tried the cranberry juice that I made. It is fantastic!! It may be a little too sweet, but I will see how I feel about it when I reach the bottom of the quart jar. Even DH liked it. I know cranberries are tart, so it could get too tart very quickly for me once I start decreasing the sugar content. I don't really like tart or sour stuff very much.

My sister just bought a soda stream so I will bring her one of my quarts of cranberry juice for her to try Cranberry Soda, lol.

Try and make cranberry wine once. My Lord that stuff will make you whole face pucker. But back sweetened before bottling makes a nice wine.

Isn't a soda stream, just a simple forced CO/2 carbonation device? I don't think there is any magic there, is there? It must have a replacement CO/2 cartridge somewhere inside.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes, that is all a Soda Stream is - but in a nice plastic box with a handle to control adding the CO2.
If you add CO2 to water, you get seltzer. I'm not a big seltzer fan, so I don't know if I would like it so much.
She says she is going to save money and calories by adding fizz to sugar free soda syrups and fruit juices. More power to her and I hope she enjoys it. I will also give her a jar of Sunshine Rhubarb Juice that I can in the spring when the rhubarb grows like crazy and oranges are somewhat affordable. That stuff is pretty good also.

I have lots of wild grapes growing around the chicken coop. If I picked those tiny little grapes, could I use them like cranberries to make grape juice? They are such an intense flavor but sour.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, that is all a Soda Stream is - but in a nice plastic box with a handle to control adding the CO2.
If you add CO2 to water, you get seltzer. I'm not a big seltzer fan, so I don't know if I would like it so much.
She says she is going to save money and calories by adding fizz to sugar free soda syrups and fruit juices. More power to her and I hope she enjoys it. I will also give her a jar of Sunshine Rhubarb Juice that I can in the spring when the rhubarb grows like crazy and oranges are somewhat affordable. That stuff is pretty good also.

I have lots of wild grapes growing around the chicken coop. If I picked those tiny little grapes, could I use them like cranberries to make grape juice? They are such an intense flavor but sour.

Grapes yes... My wife cans gapes the exact same way as she does cranberry juice.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

Can you give me the best recipes for these veggies and fruits?
Soft fruits: pineapples, strawberries, bananas, citrus fruits, melons, mangos, raisins, peaches, nectarines, prunes, kiwis.
Tough fruits: bananas, pears, pomegranates, cranberries.
Soft vegetables: lettuce, cucumber, kale, chard, garlic, cilantro, parsley.
Thank you in advance.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can you give me the best recipes for these veggies and fruits?
Soft fruits: pineapples, strawberries, bananas, citrus fruits, melons, mangos, raisins, peaches, nectarines, prunes, kiwis.
Tough fruits: bananas, pears, pomegranates, cranberries.
Soft vegetables: lettuce, cucumber, kale, chard, garlic, cilantro, parsley.
Thank you in advance.
What recipes are you looking for? There is a really good Banana Butter recipe in the beginning of the "What are you canning now?" thread.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What recipes are you looking for? There is a really good Banana Butter recipe in the beginning of the "What are you canning now?" thread.
Banana butter? Wow! that's sounds amazing. I will surely check on the threads for that. Well. have someone hear every juiced green mangoes before?

Latest posts