Crealbilly Wood Working thread

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's is cool - I could use that! BTW the very beginning of the video looks a lot like my house, bug out bag in the corner and all -:lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife said to me late this morning that my grand daughters wanted a seesaw. I looked out the back window and said, look there's a stump I can lay a bad across. She gave me that roll your eye look. I know this look... it means she wants me to make something in the wood shop. So I told her, yeah got it... I'm off to the lumber yard, I'll be back in a little while.

On my way to the lumber yard, I pictured in my head what kind if seesaw I should make. Then I started thinking about the materials needed and how I would make a quick seesaw for my grand daughters.

I hurried through the lumber yard and bought:
5) 2x4-8, 1) 2x6-8, 1)2 foot of 1" dowel, 1 pound of 3" construction screws and a 10" long 5/8" galvanized bolt, 2 washers and 2 nuts.

After about 2 hours in my wood shop, this is what I came up with. Pretty cool if I do say so myself. My wife and I rode it and its plenty sturdy enough. With no picture or plan, it came out really good. I made the height adjustable, its on number 2 of 4.
IMG_20190505_181818571.jpg

My wife is happy and i'm sure my grand daughter will like it too. My wife said she wants to paint it with the grand daughters red, white and blue. So it's dry fitted together right now for easy disassembly. After my wife and grand daughters paint it, I'll put it back together with glue and the same screws.

Last edited: