CreativeTwinsZoo's journal of self sufficancy

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry about potroast. Glad she left ya'll some offspring!

Oh man, hope the neighbors learned to keep their dog up and at least offered to compensate for the lost birds. Grrrrr...hate poultry killin' dogs!

Fingers crossed that the job change works out - sounds like a really good thing if it does. :)

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The guy who seems to own the dog apologised kinda, one of the ladies laughed :( (not honestly sure how many live in the house). Since then we've not seen them or the dog, myhouse put in a report with animal control she really didn' want to, but she wanted to be sure somewhere it got noted in case the dog got loose and decided to go after one of the neighbour kids who play in the back alley.

I think it'll work out on the job :) she's been revving and ready to roll into bigger and better!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The thing I've noticed about neighbors like these is that they have little sympathy for other people's problems (like dead chickens) but boy-howdy they expect sympathy in their own adversity.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't think it would have been so bad for us if this wasn't the first time we'd met them :( I don't know when they moveed in as we didn't see the previous ones move out! (It used to be a set of brothers their aunt and a wife we were on good terms with them and they loved the ducks) and we haven't been able to catch them to introduce ourselves before. And since we haven't heard/seen since

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think some of the worst things to happen to our communities have been air conditioning, television, and the internet. Before the advent of these, people didn't spend all their time indoors and isolated. They sat outside on the porch because it was too bloody hot to stay inside, and visited with each other. The kids roamed in packs across everyone's yards and the parents kept an eye on all the kids and didn't hesitate to scold someone if they caught them doing something dangerous or mean. You knew your neighbors, and you worked at getting along since there wasn't any escape from them.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We rarely need to use the AC (we just have a small window unit), but with the internet I wouldn't have all of you as friends! So it's not all evil, but it has broken up the sense of community we used to have in our neighborhoods.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree with that, me and sis we were in our new home almost a year before anyone (besides the immediate neighbour on our left side, and even then it wasn't really an intro) introduced themselves and it ended up being us going to greet them :'( though the kids in the area were very good at coming to meet and greet and wanting to pet and feed our birds (we ended up having to put a sign on both sides of the fence requesting no candy or bread being tossed over ^_^; )
We try to make sure we meet and greet everyone who moves into the rental because we have(well had) the ducks and chickens, we know they can be noisy so we bring a carton of eggs and usually a few canned goods items and let them know that if there's any problem with noise or smell etc to let us know and welcome to the neighbourhood. :)

I could not survive without the ac D: its been round 100-121 in our area all month :'( and I defiantly like internet, the knowledge options at your fingers and being able to connect with people far away :D
But I do get bored and think younger generations and people around my age could use with a little less time there and more outside with people and nature (then again me and Twinnie are called old souls a lot too)

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, Twinnie took the plunge! She's on her way to getting into her new career/job!!
Woohoo!!!

We also processed 4 rabbits the other day and we may have a fairly good method going now as I think everything was done fairly quick, we didn't time bit I'd be surprised if it was more than an hour and a half in all honesty!

I've also gotten a drop spinner to try and learn how to make yarn and thread when I've a few moments (and inclination lol)

Past this no real other self sufficient news or excitement lol

Hope everyone's doing well!!