CreativeTwinsZoo's journal of self sufficancy

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Britesea , is bread off the menu completely for Keto? Every time I'm in Oregon, I watch for Dave's Killer Bread. We don't tend to eat a whole lot of bread here, and that was one we really liked but wasn't offered here. I was very excited when I found we are now getting that at the higher end grocery stores and the bakery thrift store here. (I won't spend $6 for a loaf of bread, but I'll do it at the thrift store prices.)

Starches of almost ANY kind (all pastas, most rice, most breads, and even most starchy veggies) are off of my husband's food list now as they tend to create a nasty taste in his mouth due to his chemo. But he's able to eat the very dense breads (Rye, etc), and Dave's.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20190810_125004.jpg
Busy busy here today, sanding, lacquering, cutting and using power tools oh my
Working on a project with the housespouse for our room and doing work for the garden I want to have set up out back and try to get running before the end of the month. Thankfully the weather's not to onery, seems about 99 degrees and been working in the shade makes it decently tolerable lol

More pics to come later

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's some really pretty wood!
It really is! Not sure why whomever had it last coated it in some weird dark red color, it came off all chunky while being sanded, thankfully the wood itself seems in good shape still :) we chose to do a 'pecan' laquor and it's looking gooood

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@milkmansdaughter bread isn't off the menu, nor is anything else; but you're supposed to keep total carbs under a certain amount in order to achieve ketosis (which can be measured using test strips you can get at most pharmacies). The problem with bread, sugar and honey, some veggies and most fruits, and milk is they all contain a fair amount of sugars so you end up not being able to eat very much. You have to make a decision of where you're going to get your carbs. Most people opt to forego bread and eat more greens and low carb fruits like berries.
One thing I found out about breads-- sourdough bread has fewer carbs than most regular breads, because the yeasts have eaten a portion of the sugars in the starter, and the longer you let the bread rise, the more sugars they can eat.

@creativetwinszoo what are those pieces of furniture? They look sort of like long, low cabinets from the picture. Anyway, the color you are using is beautiful!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@creativetwinszoo what are those pieces of furniture? They look sort of like long, low cabinets from the picture. Anyway, the color you are using is beautiful![/QUOTE]
@Britesea
I think they were part of a living room cabinet or another peice of large furniture, we bought them at a g××dwill to turn into part of our bed structure with storage beneath thank you ♡
Unfortunately due to a dust storm and storm coming in we had to put it up and hope it dont get dusty before we could finish boo

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's mcfreaking hot outsiiiide!!!! switching to my fall schedule at work so stayed home today still shoulda got my butt up way earlier than 730! Weather app claims it's only 95, think it's lying :(
Got some towels on the line to dry and decided to do some work while outside and get some more of the garden beds set up, being in the sun is gonna be a nono today I guess :/ guess i could up-pot my moringas, the mulberry or the figs and get some dragon fruit cuttings in their starter pots or get the seed trays ready for the fall winter plants. I'll be in the shade at least cooler weather needs to get to az soon!!! More complaining later lol