CreativeTwinsZoo's journal of self sufficancy

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Busy day at work, measuring out beds in the farm, defeating and raking, doing a lil tree trimming and cactus removal~ thankfully past a few branch bumps no prickers to be had :thumbsup
Thinking I might do some fiber dying today as well as maybe make some dough for chili breads since I've gotta get the burger in the fridge cooked up. Also I think it was somewhere here i might've been talking about the rack i use to dry fiber? Finally took a picture, dont mind the dead plant mess in the background lol, it's been hot with no foreseeable cooling in the future :"(
20190822_105252.jpg

The rack was labeled to sell as a fish drying rack, got it originally to try and dry fruit slices with no flys then figured eh, it'll hold the wool better than what bbn I had and I can kinda pack it in lol
IMG_20190820_222500_552.jpg
Also finally got a flower up front from the seeds we scattered, yaaaay! Might upload some pics of the garden setup progress tomorrow, gotta get my rear in gear lol
Hope everyone's doing good and keeping cool!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pretty flower! Good progress, you are making!

Staying cool? Not happening outside my house! My MO during July and August: go outside, do a bit of work, putzing till the sweat is dripping down my face and back. Come in to cool off, then back out for a few more minutes.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Lazy Gardener I feel ya there, been getting to work between 530-630am to try and beat the heat, this summer heats come In early, been 90+ by the time 730-8 rolls around:( usually hotter by 10-1, whenever my ride shows up. Ain't been cooling down till round midnight :(:hithaven't been wanting to do much outdoor work at home when I'm offa work cut the temps
Hope your keeping your electrolytes up!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Been on the go this morning doing the weeks shopping, dropped sis at work, went to the veggie store, winco, bank and Safeway, put that stuff away and was heading to the next set of stores with the roomie and got a call from housespouse that he was off so taking a lil break for a date ♡

Also
20190823_070831.jpg

Some of the fruits of my dyeing labor yesterday! I'll take a better picture later when I can pull them out, gonna try to make some multi color rolags to spin up in a 2 ply still got to do the blues and greens, might do another batch of the yellow too.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20190824_103410.jpg

Rescued a drsgonfruit cactus from the trash, trimmed off lots funky, rotted and dead looking parts off while supporting it, were it's at is not its final settlement, but it will remain potted :)
Anyone grow dragon fruit? Any tips? I've watched a few videos, but many sources give many options :)