CreativeTwinsZoo's journal of self sufficancy

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother definitely so! Was hoping to get a lot more done but sadly weren't able too, here's for hoping next weekend and in between classes and work this week lol

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Had my first math class today and....
It didn't go to badly actually! The teacher seems pretty nice, is doing from basics forward and I actually understood most of what was being discussed! so I'm cautiously excited to move forward~
Feeling tired today, so far the hottest has been 104, which has definitely been a welcome reprieve from 111+, especially for work! As well! The greenhouse at work/school finally sounds like they'll be breaking ground! Yaaay!!!:ya:ya it's only been like 2 years in the talking and no greenhouse since like winterbreak last year (longer debating on which students or faculty are asked lol) unfortunately that does mean we'll need to move tables, trees and all the other plants.... again:barnie:thhopefully it'll be maybe a better spot
Hope everyone's doing good, dont forget to take a lil break and keep hydrated :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am sooooo not a math person. I did just well enough to get my degree and then forgot everything I ever learned, lol. Glad it's working well for ya!

Hope the greenhouse gets off the ground this time. :fl

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother I dont like math classes, in honesty they are some of my worst school memories... and mho for the reason that is, is because there was never a teacher who could help it click in a way i could understand/many didn't even bother trying.
the collage does a placement test for math, reading and English, I did very poorly (this is an understatement) on the math portion and unfortunately the thing I'm going for, for some reason requires one of the highest math requirements :th
Me too! I'm excited to see this greenhouse go up, it's been talked up pretty good by a lot of the teachers/faculty and it would definitely be nice to work with more n desert plants in containers again lol

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's too bad you never had a good math teacher, @creativetwinszoo . Math and science were my favorite/easiest subjects, but I think I had some awesome teachers. I actually learned the most useful math skills from my chemistry teacher! The skills he taught me enabled me to figure heparin dosing faster than many of the RN's could, back in the day when such things were done without computer, and IV's were run at so many drops/minute instead of being on an electric pump! (That should give you an inkling about how ancient I am!)

Sounds like you have a decent teacher this time around. Don't hesitate to ask for help, and even seek out a student for a bit of tutoring! Often a peer has a better understanding of what the missing links might be to understanding a certain concept. Or can explain it in a different way so you can grasp it. This class will most likely build the foundation for future classes you will take. And once you master the concepts of this class, it will set up the neuro pathways to lead you to further success!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agree with LG on asking for help. The college that I work for has almost endless resources for getting help. Colleges don't want you to fail - makes their numbers look bad, lol!

I love sciences - and aced both A&P 1 and 2. But, ask me to do algebra... not gonna happen. :(

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Lazy Gardener I loved/love science! It can be so fascinating!! Oddly enough I didn't always do so well there either despite the enjoyment of it (most the time), I can't put all the blame on the teachers though, I do have diagnosed ADHD and ADD since adolescentsy so i already had a stroke against me for traditional classes as it was and a lot of my teachers didn't have the ability, resources or know how to work with me- rather than against how my brains wired.
Also not ancient, just skilled! (Not ancient till the thousands, not old till the triple digits!) If anything happens to electronics then you already know how~ without extra training and fumbling ;)
Yeah, he openly suggested talking with tablemates about stuff we might not understand, because they might see or use a different method we might click with better! And thankfully there is a full Tudor section :love

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey hey everyone!
Been a few days and it feels hectic this aways.
Datemates uncle went into the hospital, guess he acquired some holes in his lungs, no ones really sure how from the sounds of it. :(
Housespouse had to see a dr for his paperwork dealing with his cdl, they want him to track his sugars for at least a month as well as his blood pressure too.
Their finally doing construction on the greenhouse at work, though I feel it's being done on a bit of the stupidest ways possible... though that could just be my irritation speaking up. Feels like I can't get into anything during the weekend and I can't get anywhere during the weekdays cause we keep having to move everything. First day The crew hit the water main and knocked water out to the garden, coop, orchard and the temporary hoophouse :barnie
Past that, mostly just school and work. Bout to have our first test in math next week and feeling.... eh about it.
Hope everyone else is doing good, I'll post updated garden pics soon!.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good evening everyone! Hope your all doing well :)

Weve had some pretty intense storms this week, mostly at night though monday it was on and off hard then soft rain, guess that's from the spinoff from the hurricane. Spent most the weekend feeling pretty crappy, been doing better today thankfully and have been okay enough, aside from stomache issues and vomiting to do some gardening
Got some transplants where they needed to go, got the butternut squash planted out back and the pumpkins up front. With luck we'll have butternut soon and hopefully by Halloween enough leafy growth on the pumpkins to look cool and kinda spooky for the trick or treaters! With enough luck mayby even a few lil pumpkins! :D
Our radishes are getting bigger by the day, can't wait to pop those suckers out, rinse em and chow down. The beets seems to not be having such a grand time and the lettuces are still slow to grow, but I may have planted them too early. This season I've been off on getting anything planted in time, for the right time and in the right place, but eh I'm learning lol. Next year with a lil better know how, planning and luck will be having fresh yummy veggies for most the year! Does anyone else feel so impatient when it comes to waiting for your garden to produce?
Works been kinda eh, we have a new guy but in honesty I'm not to over the moon to be working with him. I've had some classes with him and from what has been seen of classwork ethic and attendance dont think I'm gonna much enjoy working with him unfortunately. I'm gonna hold out that I may be suprised in a good way either way.
Oh! Datenatr and I are going to have a feildtrip day saturday! Were going to an event called the great american seedup, I'm very excited as the seed is supposed to already be acclimatized to az climate plus date time with my date-mate :woot
https://greatamericanseedup.org/
If anyone wants to check it out is it weird to be so excited to go buy seeds? :hide if so I'm that kinda weird lol :weee:thumbsup