CreativeTwinsZoo's journal of self sufficancy

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
First all, sorry for the weird sporadic reaction posts the last few days and for radio silence before. It has been a crazy last few months :/
Had a funeral for fiances uncle, to which there was an entire fiasco involving the just nofmil that left all of us with bitter mouth tastes.
Then lil sis came down from New York and brought her fiancee, it was actually a very lovely visit. She looks super happy, way happier than I've seen her in a while and that makes me happy and very relieved. Got some news that I'm not entirely sure how to feel about concerning our folks, because sometimes when I'm told stuff via the 'posse' its gotta be taken with salt.
Then had some work issues that since a meeting have sorta... feel like its working better concerning certain members of the 'team' but I'm gonna keep my eye out.
Can't remember if I've posted any pics but twinnie and I got some of the back yard garden up and going. I'm gonna be starting some sketches for a new coop and run, as well as getting the front yard garden ready for next season and its first 'hard' grow season. Very excited for all of that :)
Got some soaps made up, even though I'm not sure we're invited to the holiday get together yet or not anymore. Oh! I also have been making a smidge of money on baked goods and lipgloss!! Very excited about that, feels incredibly gratifying! And I'm hoping will become a regular thing~
Trying to get holidays gifts made up but finding no o interest in doing so:( anyone else having this problem this year?
Hope all are well, warm and healthy~

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You've got a lot going on these days. Sorry about the bad stuff - yay on the good stuff! Cool that you're making a bit of money from baking and lip gloss. It has to feel good knowing that others will pay for your creations!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You've got a lot going on these days. Sorry about the bad stuff - yay on the good stuff! Cool that you're making a bit of money from baking and lip gloss. It has to feel good knowing that others will pay for your creations!

Thank you, I figure with all the things that are good I've just got to try and take the bad with some salt.

And absolutely! I'm hoping it keeps up and I do well for quite awhile. :)

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got a carrot!!!

Attachments

• 20191130_102104.jpg
    20191130_102104.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 230

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today's kind of an eh day, not been feeling so hot. Haven't been for a few days. But have been being as productive as can be for the upcoming garden.

Sis and I made up a seed starter chamber area and got tomato seeds and some peppers seeds starting, here's hoping to a real good germination~ and that they survive the month or 2 of funky weather coming in :/
20191201_193948.jpg

20191201_193936.jpg

Also moved the fence back a bit so that we have a lil more room for the garden and the hopefully good chicken coop coming up, we shall see for both lol
Got to still figure out all of what I want to plant for the spring/summer and come up with coop designs too. Also debating on getting a trio of ducks and mayby once the front yards fenced in might get a pair of geese too!

Hope everyone's doing good, are well and keeping warm~

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looking good! I'm still in the "dreaming" of the spring garden stage... I do have a couple things in my raised beds. Broccoli and cabbages are doing well...brussels sprouts are reminding me why I never plant them, carrots are progressing and I've got some new radishes that sprouted.