Crime In Your Area

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
While reading another post about layoffs and the Black Friday Walmart trampling, crime was mentioned. Since it is the Christmas season and the time of giving I am just wondering if your area criminals have decided it is time they got more.

I live in the murder capitol of the South. Jackson MS actually made the top 10 list in the nation last year I think, it could have been the year before but what the heck. I don't think it has gotten any better. Just tonight on the news we had three shootings today.

Crimes seem to increase everywhere this time of year.

Whats it like where you are?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I live in a fairly low crime area, which doesn't mean nothing ever happens, it's just not common - fortunately. Or hasn't been. In these trying times, we'll see.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
That is suppose to say Area not are. Since I don't know how to change it I will just have to let everyone figure it out. LOL

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
2dream said:
That is suppose to say Area not are. Since I don't know how to change it I will just have to let everyone figure it out. LOL
All you have to do is edit your post - but I did it for you.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Thanks Ann, I leaned something new today. I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We live in a low-moderate crime area, there are a lot of grow-ops since it is the country obviously. Recently, the library in the town my school is in was broken into, books destroyed, and money stolen.

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I really don't know what the crime is like her compared to the rest of the country or even the state. We don't live in the best neighborhood, but it's not like there are bullets flying around every day either. If you were to go about two miles south of us, the crime definitely goes up. Luckily we are in a fairly well-established area without a lot of rental houses. Most of the families on our street have been here for decades (dh's family has lived in this house since the 60's). We do hear occasionally of people on the street having their cars broken into, but not very often at all.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
where I am is low, but Charlotte is not. Some of the bigger cities (well, towns) are having their problems.

burglary and that type of crime is up in my area. I don't think it is just the holiday season, I think due to financial economy many more crimes will be on the increase.

news said that more common folk that didn't do felony crimes are going to cause of no money. people are being pushed, some may fall into bad to make ends meet, like drug selling is on the rise.

my road, when I bought my 5 acres and put up my house I got the land from "grandpa" on the road. All his kin are around me....no one can come down this road and not be seen....and they all have shotguns......so I know my little road is safe. Many eyes on this dead end..LOL

and my other farmland, where I intend to build, well our dirt road dead ends into some land where a guy who is KKK lives. NO ONE comes into this area. Sounds crazy but this guy actually is known in the area. I know him well....nice guy actually when talking normal things. Funny thing is I know no one is messing with Jerry and no one will be on my land cause of him in the area. Hmm..kinda like having my own giant rotweiller on the property. Wierd I know.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
and my other farmland, where I intend to build, well our dirt road dead ends into some land where a guy who is KKK lives. NO ONE comes into this area. Sounds crazy but this guy actually is known in the area. I know him well....nice guy actually when talking normal things. Funny thing is I know no one is messing with Jerry and no one will be on my land cause of him in the area. Hmm..kinda like having my own giant rotweiller on the property. Wierd I know.
Actually it's like living in the Hell's Angel's neighborhoods up in Lynn and Salem. No one who had any brains pulled anything up there, and the regular folks who lived near them knew it,. Very safe neighborhoods - provided the Outlaws didn't show up in town! :lol:

Latest posts