Crime In Your Area

scrambledmess

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We live in a very poor rural area. We actually have a pretty high crime rate. But this area has been poor for a while. I haven't really seen an increase in crime either from the holiday or the lower economy.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Ten years ago, one of the reasons we made the decision to move to this area, was the low crime. We were visiting friends and one morning I was listening to the radio, when the news came on. The lead story was that Mrs. "so-and-so" backed into another Mrs. "so-and-so's" mailbox and did $312 dollars damage to her car, and they had to replace the mail box. After living in the New Orleans area all of my life, I knew this was where I wanted to live.

Unfortunately, crime has increased over the last ten years. Mostly meth labs, since we are so rural, but also burglaries and petty crime. There have been no murders or other major crime that I know of, during the time that we have been here. It has been a very nice change from a "big" city.

We do have our problems here, though. Traffic has gotten so bad that we have recently installed the towns' first traffic light. :D

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
We do have our problems here, though. Traffic has gotten so bad that we have recently installed the towns' first traffic light. :D
oops, next thing you know someone will be hauled into traffic court for running that thing. Ummmm - looks like crime might be on the rise there pretty soon.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well, I haven't taken the key out of the front door lock for a year....its the last place anyone would look! :D

Poaching is the biggest crime here, but its so commonly accepted that everyone does it, so noone gets fined for it.....not enough game wardens to police everyone! Everyone with whom we have talked about hunting has recommended illegally.....we don't do this, so we just laugh it off, but we still are amazed that its so widespread and accepted here! That's rural living for you! :lol:

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I live on a reservation and the drug trade has taken a toll on our crime rate. Before it was still violence everyday but now it's grand theft and burglary too. Most of the violence and theft are within families so it doesn't touch us because we don't do violence or drugs.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I have a neighbor that is older and grew up in an area and time that if you wanted some meat you went out and shot a deer. He still does it. We have the usual petty theft but very little violent crime.

Latest posts