Crock pot castile soap--seems easy enough...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Looks interesting! I'd like to hear how yours comes out.

:pop

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Ok, I'll give it a go this week. I'm going to try to set up a small store in an indoor flea market mall type place. (I need some cashola to support my daughter's ever growing horse habit. :p I'll be selling dish and laundry soap and hopefully some bar soap...along with some other things that I don't need anymore.)

(Does anyone know if adding E.O.'s will change the overall recipe?)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
She says on her post that she adds it at the very end. I would not choose one that accelerates trace.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
She says on her post that she adds it at the very end. I would not choose one that accelerates trace.
Ok what E.O's would you suggest? Can I add some steel cut oatmeal to these bars?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You need to grind the oats into a flour for soap. I've read that a coffee mill works for this if you don't have a grain mill. I've had soap made with regular oatmeal and it was AWFUL to use. It was given to me, and I tossed the second bar, it was that bad. I loved all the other soaps I was given, but that was a pain in the butt. Bits of oatmeal on me and in my shower drain....not nice. But I made some recently with oatmeal (flour) and honey and it was quite nice.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
freemotion said:
You need to grind the oats into a flour for soap. I've read that a coffee mill works for this if you don't have a grain mill. I've had soap made with regular oatmeal and it was AWFUL to use. It was given to me, and I tossed the second bar, it was that bad. I loved all the other soaps I was given, but that was a pain in the butt. Bits of oatmeal on me and in my shower drain....not nice. But I made some recently with oatmeal (flour) and honey and it was quite nice.
My husband LOVED the chunks of oatmeal in one of my batches. I do grind mine, but he loved the scrubi-ness of those pieces of oatmeal. He probably would have liked what you tossed.

Latest posts