Crock Pots

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
2dream said:
I have heard complaints about the newer crockpots not doing the job as well as the older models. Burning food being one of the complaints I have heard. Mine is probably 30 years old and still works like a charm. I am dreading having to purchase a new one anytime soon. They are definitely not making them like they use to.
Isn't that the truth?!? We are already replacing appliances that we bought only 6 years ago! I would rather pay a lot more and have some quality.
Boy, YOU SAID IT!!
I think that the new ones DO cook hotter. Using a newer smaller crock pot, I can make rice in one of mine in less than 2 hours and turn around and make it into rice pudding in another hour or so. If I don't watch it, I burn it.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a big Hamilton Beach with a removeable pot i got just a couple years ago, it does that burning thing above the water line but otherwise i dont have problems with it. I have a little 2 qt Rival with removeable pot I got at a yard sale, its surely a few years old as it has a brown pot which you dont see anymore and it works great, never burns or sticks.