Currency Issues and Spending

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Nice looking coins. Are the Eisenhower Dollars worth anything? I have a small collection I inherited and it has a few of those in it.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Dunkopf said:
Nice looking coins. Are the Eisenhower Dollars worth anything? I have a small collection I inherited and it has a few of those in it.
None of the Eisenhower coins struck for general circulation are worth much more than face value unless they are slabbed and high grade. Loose, circulated coins sell at dealers in the $1.50 to $2 range.

Also, none were struck for general circulation that contained silver. The only ones having silver were those struck at the San Francisco mint (S mint mark), that were for uncirculated and proof issues from 1971 through 1974. The silver issues contain .3161 ounce of silver.

Edited to correct the above: The 1976 Bicentennial "S" mint marked coins were produced in both copper clad, as well as silver clad.

They are neat, though. I picked up a bunch from the local bank a while back, and the young girls at a fast food check-out didn't know what they were. They called the manager, thinking that I was trying to give them some fake coins. :lol: