dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
DSCN1537.jpg

After an ice storm last winter.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well dacjohns I'm not a bad speller really but my keyboard has this insane habit of missing half the letters, it is very frustrating...and a brand new computer too! You will notice that most of my posts have been edited at least once...

Beautiful picture, I just love icestorms.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Correcting grammer and spelling could become a full time job for you with my post. But don't worry you won't offend me. I will be the first to admit I make horrible errors. Some of them I catch. Some I don't. And some might even be made on purpose. I can read other peoples stuff and catch them all. I read mine and see what I thought I was saying. LOL
Just don't get mad at me. Correct away and we can have a good laugh and my expense.

Back when I was much younger, backpacking was fun. Now that I am older.....well, lets just say it looks to much like work.
My backpacking experiences now are packing my chair out to my backyard, build a fire, sit back and relax until time to come back inside to my bed.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow the ice storm pic is cool!
that is exactly what our NC ice storms look like! gave me the shivers..LOL-LOL---not in the mood for them this year. Hoping for an easy winter, fingers crossed and will see! :)

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Zenbirder said:
I don't backpack anymore because I like to be home every night. We have been hiking parts of the Continental Divide trail occasionally, we live practically on it. There is some amazingly beautiful and wild trail with a LOT of elevation gain and loss.

So I am a really bad speller, in spite of having as much education as you. I have not been able to figure out how to get any spell check to work for my postings on this site. Can you help me out so I don't offend you?
You don't have to worry about offending me, I am more likely to offend you but I'll try and behave myself.

I lived near the CDT myself for almost 3 years. I worked all around the trail but never really hiked it.

If you have Internet Explorer you might have a spell check on your toolbar. If you do then just click on it and it will check your post before you post.
Thanks so much!!!!
I never noticed that icon up on the toolbar, and it works. Golly darn gee whizz thanks :D

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Appalachian Trail is my dream, too. But the older I get the less likely it will happen. If we are traveling and anywhere near the A. T. we hike on it for the day.

dacjohns

Reaction score
2dream said:
Correcting grammer and spelling could become a full time job for you with my post. But don't worry you won't offend me. I will be the first to admit I make horrible errors. Some of them I catch. Some I don't. And some might even be made on purpose. I can read other peoples stuff and catch them all. I read mine and see what I thought I was saying. LOL
Just don't get mad at me. Correct away and we can have a good laugh and my expense.

Back when I was much younger, backpacking was fun. Now that I am older.....well, lets just say it looks to much like work.
My backpacking experiences now are packing my chair out to my backyard, build a fire, sit back and relax until time to come back inside to my bed.
Love it.

dacjohns

Reaction score
It amazes me, although it really shouldn't, how much I have in common with so many other people. This forum is no different. Besides a concern with self sufficiency I have crossed paths with many of you.

Places I've lived, in no particular order.

Alaska: 3 times, Anchorage and Fairbanks.

California: Vista and Riverside County, 2 months at Fort Ord.

North Carolina: Fayetteville/Hope Mills

New Mexico: Between Quemado and Pie Town

Wisconsin: Medford

Utah: Ogden

Tennessee/Kentucky: Fort Campbell, Clarksville

Minnesota: Eagan

Georgia: Fort Benning

Oklahoma: Fort Sill

Illinois

Hope I didn't miss any.

That's what happens with Army life and trying to find the perfect job after the Army.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One thing about being actively on a forum, eventually one does have something in common with another poster, our SS ways, then your older residence and even life experiences, like family woes, financial concerns. deep down we are all along the same lines! I like that!

I see you were in NC---COOL!
Hope you liked it here! :)

dacjohns

Reaction score
I liked NC. I thought the physical geography was interesting with the mountains, piedmont, and coastal plain. The variety in vegetation. Good location and fairly close to things we wanted to do. Only a day's drive, although a long day, from where I live now. Good schools.

Hurricane Fran was exciting.