Dacjohns--Changes

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
My Easter was just another day of travel aftermath.

Saturday my first flight as 2.5 hours late. That set the tone for the rest of the day. Different route, different airline, change terminals in San Francisco, go through security again. Flight is now SF to Phoenix to St. Louis. Even though the flight from St. Louis is a continuation of the flight from SF to Phoenix we had to change planes with a layover. We all get on the plane and there are problems with the plane. They work on the problem. We deplane and change planes. I finally get to St. Louis at about 1 in the morning Sunday. My original flight arrival time was about 5:45 Saturday afternoon. Spent the night in the St. Louis area. Got home about 1:00 Sunday afternoon. Too tired to do anything, dehydrated, and generally not feeling very perky. No kids around, no grandkids. Really missed family.

Just didn't seem like Easter and celebrating the resurrection. But it was still Easter.

The weather was nice.

hmm, smilies don't copy and paste.
Perky? you? :lol: :lol:

No, in all seriousness Dacs, that sucks. I'm sorry your day was so Taxing. :hugs

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
:bun

Sometimes I'm perky. I was almost perky today. :ya

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I hate long flights, especially with lots of delays and layovers and such. I hope to never ever fly at night again, ever!

Next time you go through SF, just get off the plane and drive up north for about an hour and take a break from all that travel. We'll put you up for the night, if you don't mind sleeping on the couch. with the dog. Oh and we currently have goat kids in the living room. :lol: But the back yard is green for now and the neighborhood roosters crow all night and all day.

Bet you're glad to be back home.

dacjohns

Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I hate long flights, especially with lots of delays and layovers and such. I hope to never ever fly at night again, ever!

Next time you go through SF, just get off the plane and drive up north for about an hour and take a break from all that travel. We'll put you up for the night, if you don't mind sleeping on the couch. with the dog. Oh and we currently have goat kids in the living room. :lol: But the back yard is green for now and the neighborhood roosters crow all night and all day.

Bet you're glad to be back home.
Couch is fine. Roosters crowing are fine. Thank you for the offer.

SF was at the beginning of the flight. If it was at the end a visit would fit pretty good.

Itry to schedule for about 1.5 hours between flights. In theory that leaves enough time for changing planes without being rushed or having too much time. It didn't work this time. When a plane is over 2 hours late it really messes things up.

dacjohns

Reaction score
Wow you folks have been busy. I haven't been on in a few days because I've been pretty busy and a bunch of new threads with multiple pages.

Back on the road. In Oregon and Northern California, staying in Klamath Falls.

Anyone want to come say hi?

dacjohns

Reaction score
I think the falls have been replace with a dam or else they are pretty small falls. It is great place for birding because of some huge wetlands in the area.