Daisy - Dawdling towards Delicious

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I keep losing this thread! Garden is going so, so well. Im stoked!

I really like eating my herb salad. A mix of green herb leaves that I pick and have with whatever protein im cooking that day. A squeeze of home grown lime and the neighbours tomatoes go down a treat! Herbs work well here, some second generation seeds have sprouted and I am ready to expand. I hope I can keep these going year round.

I havent found any kalette seeds :( but over summer I was pinching the baby leaves and these were beautiful to eat fresh, so I am going to keep doing that. I have one little plant that I nursed over summer and want it to seed this year for me as the only seeds I can find in store are curly kale and I like the flat stuff better!

I have a new bunch of weeds this season, not the same as usual, these seem native types. I've let the weather changes take care of most of them for me and probably had just as much success as the people who sprayed instead. We're going from rain to extreme heat and then back to rain again. The rain makes them sprout and the heat kills them off. So far so good! I think there are a few of these weeds that are edible, but I havent really looked too much into it as I have enough to eat this year :)

Blueberry bush is going well and almost ready for an even bigger pot! I considered putting it in the ground, but I know the bobtail lizards love berries and keeping it out of their reach might mean more for me when it fruits :D I still have a couple strawberries going and chuck the crap ones on the ground for the bobtails to enjoy. I am glad they returned after the kitten invasion!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Watching Monkey Werks yesterday, he said there's been some crazy flooding in Australia. Any in your area? USA, according to fire maps is headed for a major drought year, with fires reported through most of the country. As far as I know, these reports don't make it onto MSM.