David Ramseys Finance Univerisity has anyone take it here

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wardogg said:
miss_thenorth said:
Welcome Wardogg!! I am happy to hear you are debt free, I sure wish we were!!!!
Well according to Daves plan I'm debt free but the house. But we are working on that part. Thanks for the welcome, if you follow his stuff you can be too. I'm living proof it works.
:D We're debt free too, having followed the DR plan...all but the house that is, but working it down now as well. :welcome to the next step :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
To go along witht he are you poor thread, we only have th house to pay off, but we are basically house poor. We are trying to change that. When we bought this house, we hadit worked out that we had a comfort zone, so that we wouldn't be house poor. But. On the day we are siging the papers--as in our previous house had already sold and the poeple were moving in that day, we were to move into this house that day, and the people we bought from were out fo the house---- we found out our taxes were more that TWICE what we were told they were. A little perspective. Our taxes are more than $4700,, so that is an extra $200 every biweekly payment. We should have ran right then and there, but we didn't--we were kind of in a jam, so we signed the papers.

So we are looking for a farm--more land, smaller house, cheaper taxes. Our house should be up for sale by this fall.

Wardogg

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah 4700 is about what we pay as well. Its a tough bill to swallow for sure. We too are looking for more land less taxes. More than likely in a different state.

chickenjoe

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well I got the book and start reading it last night I'm up to chapter 4. It has alot of good info so, far and debunk alot of myth. Makes you think differnetly about your money. I have also been listen to his show on the way home from work.

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We took this a few years ago at our church and really liked it.

Most of it is common sense stuff, but it helps to have that common sense reinforced.

A lot of what he says is Biblical.