Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love having company but, from the minute they arrive, I start wondering when they'll leave so I can get back to doing what needs to get done :lol:

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
If you had done the cleaning earlier in the week I would have blamed you for the snow we got!
You can blame it on my mom, she even said she was pretty sure the snow y'all got was mainly her fault because she cleaned her house, but, that I'm partially to blame since I did water changes in both of the fish tanks! :gig

Had a good, short and sweet visit with Granny! Those are always the best! ;) She was expecting me to spend the day, tomorrow, running the roads with them but we've got a cold front coming through and possibly severe storms ahead of the front and I won't leave Cheyenne stuck out on her run with weather like that. Plus, we take her everywhere with us and she's never been left here alone and tomorrow wasn't going to be the first time to get her used to the idea. If doc was going to be home, it would be a different story, but he's working days so I basically blamed it on him! :gig

Had a great afternoon with the family and got to spend some quality time with my grandnieces. The oldest, Courtney (going on 4), usually warms up to me about the time they get ready to leave. Today she was my little shadow and I had a blast with her! The youngest, Kaylee (just over 1), is easily amused and entertained so we had a large time, too! ;)
Since Cheyenne is at the rambunctious stage, I had the spare run already over at moms', in case she got too rough with the girls, but she truly blew me away with how good she was with them. Chey and Court probably put on about 50 miles, running laps in the driveway/parking area...we all got tired watching the two of them! :lol:

We kind of celebrated Thanksgiving today, since Granny is in for the weekend so for the official "turkey day" we'll be having pork roast/loin and sauerkraut so we're not burned out on turkey by Christmas! :lol:

Well, gonna close this, it's been a long day and I am wore out! :frow

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very quick, odd-hour-for-me update...

All is well! Computer tower problem fixed and have been busy trying to get winterized. Over halfway there with that but still need to get garlic planted. :barnie Never thought I'd see the day that planting garlic was on the winterizing list but proud to be there, since we can't grow it here! :gig Oh yes we can, just had to work for it! :D

Doing Turkey day at moms', going to be interesting and will post more about that later today...apparently there is no such thing as too much turkey! Danged if ya do, danged if ya don't! :th

Outta here for now! Love ya's, miss ya's! :hugs

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have got to plant my garlic too, it is on list this week to do. Then transplant a few blueberries and blackberries, and get the rabbits ready to kindle. :D

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish bunnies was on my list...still haven't found a local buck but the girls have been worth their weight/feed bill in "gold"! :lol: I've been robbing the families' yard of green goods that grow/stay green over the winter here and they are loving it (both the family and the buns). My favorite is watching the family shake their head in disblief at me getting excited over their "weeds". :gig

Got my Ginseng seed ordered, finally and we'll start putting back a dollar or three each few weeks towards next years' seed. It wasn't a good year for it, either, and it will be first-come/first-serve and we plan on getting on the list. :fl

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hey Dawn, where are you? I haven't seen you on here in a coon's age! Hope everything is OK.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Hey Dawn! Hope you and Doc are well and enjoying this holiday season. :hugs

From the look of things, I'm not the only one who has been away. I'm working on getting back more regularly.

Miss ya!

Mike

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi, Dawn! Hope all is well and you two have a Happy New Year!!!!!