Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice, a homeschool room! I just dug stuff out to start planning for this year. Yay. My daughter and my husband are both ADHD so the mess.... I lose my mind a little, lol.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I set it up functional-not-pretty this morning. Today I'm cleaning the living/dining area. I can almost breathe again! I fervently hope this is a long-term relief for DH and I. He hates coming home to messy and/or cluttered house. But he wants me to do stereotypical daycare crafts with DS3. [but then gets annoyed if I buy materials for said crafts]. I ordered DS3's school supplies today. Was about $80 and I felt guilty. why? I spend a ridiculous amount of money on DS11's school stuff and hobbies. DS11's is funded by child support, so it doesn't affect family budget. IMO. DH disagrees. IDK why.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you got it set up...if you feel the need you can alter it later! Men/money - ugh! :barnie That's all I'm sayin', lol!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
LOL, yup! I have been spending a lot in the last year since getting diagnosed and figuring out how to solve various problems. So total amount of spending... yeah he definitely has a point there. But don't tell me to do something and then be angry because I did it!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had separate checking accounts for years...…. oh, I forgot, we still do!
edited to add, at least now we are both on the accounts.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm enjoying DS3 being away at camp! :love I am working at recovering from a couple weeks of sleep deprivation and stress. Not terrible, just making me more symptomatic/less functional than where I've been the previous 6 months or so. I'm determined to get back to where I was.

I started selling garden produce through FB. $50 in 24 hours, not terrible. Surely am not making money, but it beats farmer's market! I have 6 pints grape tomatoes and about a gallon bucket of cukes left. So not bad! My mom came out and helped pick today, and she took most of it. Already sold the cukes picked today.

I sorted out a couple more things in school room. Got a white board hung up. Bought a garbage can. Just little things. It's hard to keep the kids out now! :D I'm keeping them out to establish some ground rules and expectations for the space. DS11 will start school officially soon. Possibly Monday. I like the routine, but it's such a hassle especially when they're not cooperative. :confused:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thank you! I hope the interest in my veggies continues! I'm planning to contact buyers in a week or so to see if they want more. Repeat buyers would be fabulous.

My blueberry crop failed. :/ We assume dry weather. The berries just dropped! sad! We're leaving the rest for the birds and will be more careful watering them next year.