Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We feed Taste of the Wild and have been very happy with it. It is grain-free, and a little expensive, but not totally ridiculous. Our 100+ pound German Shepherd gets just over 4 cups of dog food a day. 2 cups for breakfast and 2 cups for supper.
He does best with the Lamb flavor, but is eating the Buffalo right now and still no farts.

their reccomended feeding is 100 pound dog = 4 1/3 cups of food.
Over 100 pounds is an additional 1/2 cup food for every 10 additional pounds.

I think that is a lower feeding rate than the other "Premium" food we used before.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have no dog right now :( but, used Taste of Wild for her. My cats, do NOT like the no grain feeds :hu. Meow mix for the only old fart still around. He's pushing 20. THEN I will get new barn cats! His mouse kill days are gone -- :lol: he just meows as they pass by.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We did feed Taste of the Wild. It was fine when we had one dog with a small appetite but then the psycho arrived and we switched to cheaper food. Haven't noticed any issues, they sometimes have gas but I think it's because I can't say no to their cute faces when they request people foodo_O:lol:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use Victor dog food. Currently using the Beef meal and brown rice. Plus I can offal for the dogs, heart, liver, kidneys. I also can chicken for them, I put 2 back pieces, necks livers, hearts and gizzards, plus a cup of cooked rice per quart jar. Hubby mixes half a quart with the dry dog food and they lick the bowl.

They also get leftovers and clean out the refrigerator goodies. Sometimes when I cook pan sausage, I make dog gravy. Hubby mixes that with their dog food.

https://victorpetfood.com/

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang it, I clicked to see if that food existed here. It knew where I was before I entered an address.... reviewing phone security now.:mad:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've fed Taste of the Wild before too. Economical as far as grain free goes. It's made in my region too, if I remember correctly. I will have to compared prices to see if Science Diet's grain free costs more or less.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Bay just got back to work after her shoulder injury. … she's off duty again. She has conjunctivitis. Hugely swollen. Her cornea is fine, there's no foreign body. She has steroid drops, but it is even worse this morning than yesterday! No idea what caused it.

I am sore after physical therapy yesterday. The back of my neck is perennially knitted and tight. For 20+ years. I've been working on getting some of those muscles to release - for 4 hours now this morning. Some of them did and I feel like a bobblehead. I don't think I've ever experienced normal cervical mobility. or, alternatively, I have hypermobility problems there too.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh nooo - poor Bay! Hopefully this passes quicily.

Sorry about your neck - but maybe it's a step in the right direction?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh nooo - poor Bay! Hopefully this passes quicily.

Sorry about your neck - but maybe it's a step in the right direction?

Yeah, it's a step forward! I'm turning into the posture on the right. I'm too young for that! The postural muscles in my neck are so weak/atrophied that my body doesn't even try to use them. :eek: Stretching the back and strengthening the deep postural in the muscles in the front are a step forward.
dowagers-hump-1.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's pretty much the posture of my DH... He's been told he needs therapy but he declined...I don't get it. :(