Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Boudain is pork liver, rice and Cajun seasoning. I was eating fried boudain balls at work and shared one with a co-worker. As she happily ate the boudain ball, she asked, "just what are boudain balls anyway?" That was HER mistake! :lol: I replied, "Boudains are these little furry animals that live in the swamps and they have BIG BALLS!" She didn't finish her boudain ball and would never eat anther one. :idunno
:yuckyuck:gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've had a mouse in a kitchen cabinet (which includes my silverware drawer!!! :sick DH trapped/caught/killed it last night!:celebrate Dishwasher running to wash everything that's in the cabinet (again!), hopefully for the last time. DH thinks the mouse was stuck in the cabinet because there aren't any cracks, gaps, or holes in it. I hope the mouse-in-my-kitchen saga is over!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey @tortoise how's homeschooling going? Did DS settle into a routine? Must be so hard with all your health issues. And how's your doggie?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hey @tortoise how's homeschooling going? Did DS settle into a routine? Must be so hard with all your health issues. And how's your doggie?

Bay was running around with kids outside, cut her shoulder and needed stitches. She can't wear her harness. We're working on her horrible farts problem. Her public access training is on hold because her farts smell SO bad. Just started a 3rd food. Food changes sure take a long time! With the food changes thing, I can't give her treats. So she's spoiled and hanging out. She's still bracing. She's starting to respond to me when I'm on the floor, which is super cool.

DS11 is a little ball of stress disaster as usual. Which exacerbates my health problems. So, if he can't or won't calm himself, he has to be away from me. I didn't give him an assignment list this week. He has been working on a painting for xmas gift for grandma.

I ate 2 cups of spinach yesterday. :D ate it raw so the volume was more like 4 cups. I need to try making green smoothies...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh good for her! But yuck, that's a big dog to have the fart problem lol. I do not envy you there!

Taking a break this time of year is helpful. Everything is stressful enough without stressing over school!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to try making green smoothies...

Lot less to consume (it seems)...and they can be really tasty if mixed correctly. You might look into dehydrating your greens to lessen the volume, plus they would work well in smoothies, casseroles, soups, etc.

Personally, I like calf liver & chicken livers. Pork not so much as it seems grainy compared to the other two that are more pate like. But ground, pork would probably be fine as well. Texture, ya know.

Bay -- you are B A D to tell that poor co-worker such a thing! :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You might look into dehydrating your greens to lessen the volume
Thank you for mentioning that! I have dehydrated kale I'd forgotten about! :D I can green up a smoothie with it, and not feel guilty for ruining "expensive" grocery store greens.

I'm having trouble coming up with a decent smoothie. Just a decent smoothie in itself, before adding greens. This diet is pretty much dairy-free keto. :shudder: I'm not attempting dairy free yet. Babysteps, adding greens and increasing fats at the moment.

Today I blended ice, cream, and orange juice. I liked it better without the ice. So I'm freezing orange juice now.

I also have to find a way to consume quercetin powder. 1/2 teaspoon, twice a day. It's a plant flavonoid - a brilliant yellow color. Not much flavor, but hard for me to stomach the color. I need to try adding that to smoothies also.

I don't have blueberries to work with this year, but maybe next year I will?