Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I handled it last night and had it out in it's playpen. DS4 fell asleep early, so he missed it. Hamster was hiding/sleeping this morning so no playtime. DS4 is doing very well today with not pestering. He seems to understand what nocturnal means.

I fell off my eating plan at a holiday party last weekend. Gained 4.6# - and 1/2"on my ankle. Edema, not fat! Discovered I don't tolerate potatoes well. And about a week before I discovered I don't tolerate tomatoes well. Huh. Now I need to go back and repeat my elimination diet because I didn't eliminate nightshades. Eating nightshades during FODMAP elimination/challenge may have messed up my results. I might be able to eat more foods and more carbs than I had thought.

I am slowly getting back on my routines, and at the same time getting mentally ready to level up my habits/routines with New Years resolutions. I'm making slow progress. Some of the slowness is because a cold has been interfering with sleep. I think I'm over the worst of it now. Congestion has given way to a cough (and bit of a wheeze :eek: )

The best part of a sore throat is I get Diet Coke to erode the mucus in my throat! LOL! I am happy I didn't have a skin reaction to it this time (from the orange oil in it)

As I type this, DS4 announce that he wants to paint a rock. He disappeared into another room and came back with newspaper which he has spread on the table. Then he announced "I have my clothes off!" (Naked painting is easier than a smock) and asked me to reach the paint for him. 😍

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH surprised me with a New Year's getaway to a local luxury wilderness retreat for our 5th wedding anniversary. 😍 The dining was amazing! I am spoiled now! 😁

Now I'm in the first week of a new set of resolutions. This one is a bit more change than usual. I have a few habit/routine changes, but also adding a fitness plan and budget challenge in. I'm reading a lot and researching for the next group of resolution-upgrades in March. Change is hard, but being sick and miserable and having regrets is harder.

We're fighting a cold here. I have it the worst and it's been dragging on and on. Pretty sure I have a secondary bacterial infection now. Hoping it will clear up soon on its own.

It's really about time to finish my garden plan and order seed. DH and I talked about sowing cover crop in 1/3 - 1/2 of the garden. I've had two years of failures from not being physically well enough to keep up with the garden. I just can't cope with that again. Cover crop most of it, or abandon it are both good sounding options right now. I'm excited for a patio/container garden and using my greenhouse though!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a cover crop mix of radishes, clovers, turnips, etc can be fun and help keep some of the weeds down and also provide some food too. just treat it as a gift and an experiment to see how it goes. :) towards the late-middle of summer, raze it all, let the animals at it, bury it and start again.

hope you feel better sooner! this is snot the season!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the anniversary present. What a sweet guy! I haven't solidified any resolutions - just a general desire to live in a healthier manner. I need to make some definite, achievable resolutions and hold myself accountable.

Hope you feel better soon!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
also peas and beans (early snap beans), you may not get any or a whole bunch depending upon what pops up where and the surrounding plants, but they're a good cover crop anyways instead of a weed. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm feeling decent without sudafed or ibuprofen today! I must be on the mend! Rest of the family is barely affected.

I sewed a pajama outfit out of polarfleece scraps for DS4's 18" doll. Haven't been sewing much lately, but felt good to get this one done.

Maybe I will drag out my gardening bin today and work out enough of a plan to order seed? I'd forgotten about that until I scrolled up just now.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hang in there. Maybe plan a smaller garden so it is not so much to keep up with.