Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
$1200 for a new patient seems a bit extreme but perhaps they actually do read the records and have some work to do up front so it may not be outrageous.

i hope it works out well and that they are a help to you @tortoise !

It's a 3 hour appointment! It's fair for what it is, but not something I want to repeat!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
'm the proud owner of an antique adjustable dress form! For $20! It has so many parts and places for adjustment that I was able to match it to my measurements! :eek: Never would be able to do that with a modern dress form! I'm surprised and happy!
That is waaaay cool! Where were you able to find that?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I bought a power blender. I'm a little scared to use it, but very happy. My cheap blender was not powerful enough to handle paleo recipes so after a year of coveting I finally did it.

One of my motivations was switching from eating blueberries in a bowl with cream on top to blueberry smoothie with non-dairy oil blended in it. Need the fat for increasing anthocyanin absorption (anthocyanins are the reason why I'm eating blueberries) and I've learned that cow milk protein blocks anthocyanin absorption. I also know my skin is much better when I go dairy-free. But it's so hard for me to stomach dairy-free foods! I am sure that smoothies will help. I've copied down power blender recipes - mostly sauces that end up creamy smooth in a power blender (but chunky/slimy in a low-power blender).

DH will surely harass me about kitchen appliances again. I have been minimalist anti-kitchen-appliances for forever, but with my hands getting increasingly painful and weak over the past 20 years I have to compromise. He hasn't quite figured out what the change is, I don't think I've mentioned it because I'm so annoyed.

My left wrist subluxated on Monday, and then in resting my left hand I was using my right hand more and flared up tendon overuse injuries in my right hand. Lots of ice, bracing, ibuprofen, etc this week, has not been fun. I'm almost back to my baseline for hand function today. I'm starting to be able to do some light housework again. I'm trying to rest and not overdo it and flare up again.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If you need power equipment in the kitchen, you should not feel the least bit guilty about using it. How is it any different for a woman to use a power blender in the kitchen, than it is for a man to use a power saw in the shop? Would anyone suggest that he should just use a hand saw in the shop?

prior to shoulder surgery, I had to give up my beloved cast iron skillet and griddle. It was just too painful to use them. I welcomed them back after recovering from that surgery, and even celebrated by buying a larger iron skillet! My blender has bit the dust. So, we will be replacing it. I'd like to know what you bought??? And, what prompted you to choose that particular model?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My blender has bit the dust. So, we will be replacing it. I'd like to know what you bought??? And, what prompted you to choose that particular model?

I bought Ninja Mega Kitchen System BL770. I was looking for minimum 1500 watts, single serve blender cups AND a large blender pitcher, and budget approx. $150 but definitely <$200. It was the only model I could find that fit those 3 requirements.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had a cuisinart with food processor (bowl with cutting discs). It did not perform well at all for making smoothies. So... will be looking for something that will do better.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If you need power equipment in the kitchen, you should not feel the least bit guilty about using it. How is it any different for a woman to use a power blender in the kitchen, than it is for a man to use a power saw in the shop? Would anyone suggest that he should just use a hand saw in the shop?

I love the way you think! Thank you for sharing your perspective!! My kitchen power tools have been getting a workout today!

Paleo mayo (stick blender)
Venison neck roast, navy beans (instant pot)
2 smoothies, and broccoli soup soon when it's cool enough to blend (ninja)

I should wander over and update my Wahls Protocol thread. Not that I'm very budget friendly at the moment. :eek: