Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH got a flu vaccine and COVID booster today! Woot! Now need to get this kiddo vaccinated and back to school. We are very frustrated with the homeschooling situation. DS6 is stubbornly refusing to participate. Whatever, he's not behind on learning targets. The bigger problem is he makes messes for 8 hours per day when he would otherwise be in school. Nobody has time to clean up after him.
So glad to hear you found him an appt!

I would love to homeschooled DD7 but I just don't know how she would be. I think I would be fighting her daily but she is so bored at school. The only reason she likes to go is for her friends.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Day 3 of "go to your room until you're ready to do your worksheet." First day way epic 6 hour tantrum. Second day was <1 hour tantrum. Today <10 minutes and no screaming. He did more today, thankfully.

I'm feeling swamped today. It's crunch week for 4-H documents already and then boss called and needs a document ASAP and while starting that I found a couple section that need to be re-written ASAP. Uff. Time to take a little break, my brain is turning to mush.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
20211113_215659.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS14 and I started gingerbread houses. He didnt follow directions, messed up 3 batches of dough, DS6 wouldnt stop touching, and somehow I ended up with enough pieces. We were planning to make 3 houses today. Maybe tomorrow? I'm happy to get started. Frosting needs to dry before I can assemble it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think we have COVID vaccine appointments for DS6 for real this time. Also booster appointment for me and flu vaccines for both of us. Looks like DS6 will be back in school December 3rd. :celebrate
Woohoo! Glad you got an appointment! I got my flu shot Friday, happy to have gotten that done.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We'll get our boosters this week! Yay! We spend way too much time in Dr.'s offices around sick people lately. I'll feel a lot better when we get our jabs! Then we've GOT to get our flu shots too. And, just to prove how old we are we need to think about Shingles vaccines next - don't need that crap.