Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
dont mix them up,
I still don't get this right. :gig

My word for picking up on object is "Get". My word for dropping an object is "Out". My word for come is "Here".

When my dog is annoying me I say "get out of here". 🤦‍♀️ (Cue is supposed to be "Leave")

I don't know how my dog puts up with me.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I think one thing dog , some, owners forget, my DH does! , training is a forever everyday thing, especially for the humans,
stick to one word for the command, dont mix them up,
if they use off for the dog jumping up on people then dont use DOWN, cuz sit-down-stay are the lesson #1 words,,
Down means lay DOWN-- not stop jumping :he

Ziva is 3 and Tony is 2,, they need to run so bad, she needs to loose 10lbs but is so strong and so smart.
Plays "Find it" like a pro , she got so much more class time training but when we got Tony covid shut it all down and I am so heart broken he only got 2 months of socialization time.
He is doing great but need more exercise. He still paddles a bit when he runs, never out grew it. But runs really fast with no problem.

After the move and we get the fence lines moved back to the tree line, they will have a lot more room,(all in the blue line) & no gravel driveway. I am going to have to buy 2 of those "chuck-it" things so I can throw the ball further.
View attachment 17873 View attachment 17874
They are going to love having all that space to play! Sunny spots and shade trees - perfect!

Those look like pine trees?

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I still don't get this right. :gig

My word for picking up on object is "Get". My word for dropping an object is "Out". My word for come is "Here".

When my dog is annoying me I say "get out of here". 🤦‍♀️ (Cue is supposed to be "Leave")

I don't know how my dog puts up with me.
We do "sit", "down", "stay", "come", "drop it", "get it", "shake", "other paw", "take it nice" (when girls are giving treats) and "kennel". I think as long as you are consistent with the word you use, they pick it up and understand.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
After watching Bunny I want to make another button board for Now, Later, All Done, Okay (yes) and No.

My dog knows his buttons for Treat, Bone and Ball. But he gets excited and paws at the board hitting multiple buttons. :/ He is learning Water and Pet. He seems to like the pet button. 🥰 I haven't taught Play or Toy yet, and I won't record Walk until the weather is decent.

He rings a doorbell at my mudroom door to go outside, lifts the toilet lid to make it clatter for water (his water bowl is in the bathtub), and rings a bell on laundry room door to let me know when he is done eating (I have to feed behind a closed door because Baymax guards her food). I figure if he can discriminate those and use them to ask for what he needs, then he should be able to use buttons to ask for what he wants too.

What buttons do your dogs have @Grandmasporch ?

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
After watching Bunny I want to make another button board for Now, Later, All Done, Okay (yes) and No.

My dog knows his buttons for Treat, Bone and Ball. But he gets excited and paws at the board hitting multiple buttons. :/ He is learning Water and Pet. He seems to like the pet button. 🥰 I haven't taught Play or Toy yet, and I won't record Walk until the weather is decent.

He rings a doorbell at my mudroom door to go outside, lifts the toilet lid to make it clatter for water (his water bowl is in the bathtub), and rings a bell on laundry room door to let me know when he is done eating (I have to feed behind a closed door because Baymax guards her food). I figure if he can discriminate those and use them to ask for what he needs, then he should be able to use buttons to ask for what he wants too.

What buttons do your dogs have @Grandmasporch ?
no buttons, Ziva knocks at the feed bucket when she is hungry, door to go out and when she is ready to come in, Tony stand quietly and just looks at you, cuz he knows we can read his mind

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Dogs are sleeping and I could really use a nap. :( I took another 12-hour dose of pseudoephedrine for my blocked eustachian tubes overnight. I tried to skip the dose but I couldn't cope with driving over hills. I got a few miles down the road on my way to a meeting in the evening and came back home to take another dose. I didn't sleep great. A little bit of stimulant side effects. Mostly was waking up from fluid in my ears draining - a tickly feeling. Does that mean it's almost over? My ears don't hurt unless the eustachian tubes get blocked so I don't think I need an antibiotic. ??? When I had a middle ear infection last year it hurt all the time.