Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I admire your commitment to 4-H. I loved it as a kid. We tried it one year here but the clubs aren't very active so my girls were impressed.
I'm so underwhelmed with our club. We have had 1 club meeting in 4 or 5 years. It's the largest club in my county. It had been nice when DS14 was so severely underachieving that I wasn't willing to let him do anything outside of school. But now he is keeping up with his schoolwork, but there aren't any club meetings to attend. 🤦‍♀️ I have offered to help plan / organize / lead / set-up for meetings, but no response. I'm thinking about switching clubs. :(

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My son was in cub scouts. We had our official leader, but we all took turns with meetings and activities. That way, no one person got burned out. One man just wanted to dump his kids and refused to hold a meeting so we told him to join another troop. LOL

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh boy. I sincerely hope not 🤣

But honestly- FFA has always been more my thing. Gigi still refuses to be an advisor 🙄🙄
We love FFA here too. DD15 didn't do it this year, I think it had to do with the kids but not sure. Need to get her back on track.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Uggh, I hate people today. I got into the campground reservation website at 8:00 exactly when it opened up. The site crashes, won't load pages. I got in at 8:03 and started a reservation. Site is available. Site proceeds to crash repeatedly mid-reservation. It finally loads, and it's not available for 3 of the days. So I start over with the other 4 days. Site proceeds to crash mid-reservation. When it finally loads, the campsite isn't available for one day. Fine. Try again. Well, the remaining 3 days is only 2 nights and there is a minimum 3 nights to make a reservation. Not cool. So I try again to look for any of the other 6 sites that are decent at the campground and they're all booked by 8:10 a.m.

I hate people.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Bad weather...wind, rain, temps dropping...snow after lunch! :th More coffee!! It's a real inside day.....25-30 mph winds. I'm not liking any of it :old hope we don't lose power, trees and limbs cause problems out there sometimes.
Hang in there! Wind is brutal in winter! It's cold here ( -10) but no wind and it's sunny. Bright and cheerful if you stay indoors and your heat works!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Uggh, I hate people today. I got into the campground reservation website at 8:00 exactly when it opened up. The site crashes, won't load pages. I got in at 8:03 and started a reservation. Site is available. Site proceeds to crash repeatedly mid-reservation. It finally loads, and it's not available for 3 of the days. So I start over with the other 4 days. Site proceeds to crash mid-reservation. When it finally loads, the campsite isn't available for one day. Fine. Try again. Well, the remaining 3 days is only 2 nights and there is a minimum 3 nights to make a reservation. Not cool. So I try again to look for any of the other 6 sites that are decent at the campground and they're all booked by 8:10 a.m.

I hate people.
Why do you need reservations for a campground? Just show up with your tents and say “screw you”

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I'm so underwhelmed with our club. We have had 1 club meeting in 4 or 5 years. It's the largest club in my county. It had been nice when DS14 was so severely underachieving that I wasn't willing to let him do anything outside of school. But now he is keeping up with his schoolwork, but there aren't any club meetings to attend. 🤦‍♀️ I have offered to help plan / organize / lead / set-up for meetings, but no response. I'm thinking about switching clubs. :(
Unfortunately the youth organization participation is waning fast. The kids don't want to do anything but just hang out for a few hours. Awards for simple things are a push to get them to get done, like write a 200 word essay on something you enjoy in the program. Most of the parents see it as an evening of daycare..
Counting down to the end of September when we close up shop.