Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've been watching this graph (of COVID cases in my county) with interest/curiosity. Looks like hospital system is doing okay, but they don't have much capacity. They've been at ICU 86% occupied, which is just 1 empty bed. I wonder if omicron variant can get some herd immunity going without overwhelming the hospital system? That would be the best possible outcome - a huge step towards COVID becoming an endemic seasonal cold/flu that is manageable.

1642690308924.png

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've been watching this graph (of COVID cases in my county) with interest/curiosity. Looks like hospital system is doing okay, but they don't have much capacity. They've been at ICU 86% occupied, which is just 1 empty bed. I wonder if omicron variant can get some herd immunity going without overwhelming the hospital system? That would be the best possible outcome - a huge step towards COVID becoming an endemic seasonal cold/flu that is manageable.

View attachment 18097
At the peak of the graph, 42 people were hospitalized with COVID. Right now there are 20. :fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah sorry about DS14. Autism evals are hard to come by everywhere I guess. I’ll never get one for DD1, her pediatrician doesn’t believe me (she’s well versed in autism in boys… not so well versed in autism in girls, but she thinks she is), so she just keeps telling me she has anxiety… so she won’t even refer us to psych🙄

So does this mean you’re homeschooling him again? Or do they send work home?

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
-15 degrees today, fire went out overnight so it was chilly. We all had a hard time waking up. Barely got DS6 to school on time, and then stopped in the grocery store to buy Cuties for snack and back to school to drop them off. I had bought Cuties for snack, but I thought it was yesterday and then forgot to send them with so they were in the car during DS14's vaccine appointment and froze! Whoops! :lol:

DS14 is suspended indefinitely after losing his temper and threatening another student. 🤦‍♀️ I'm so annoyed with him. He has problems with rigid thinking and not understanding basic human interactions / relationships, and he has been on a waitlist for autism evaluation since 2020. Without an autism diagnosis he falls into Conduct Disorder for which there aren't effective treatments so there's nothing that can be done except maintain discipline. If we could get an autism diagnosis then he would be eligible for various therapies. 🤦‍♀️
:hugs:hugs:hugs

Is DS14 on the waitlist for a school evaluation? or through the health system? I know when we were trying to get DD7 evaluated when she was 2, daycare or the school district wouldn't do anything because she wasn't 3 so we had to go to an actual behavioral clinic. She was diagnosed with severe anxiety and a very high IQ. Made the daycare people a little more empathetic at drop offs.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:hugs:hugs:hugs

Is DS14 on the waitlist for a school evaluation? or through the health system? I know when we were trying to get DD7 evaluated when she was 2, daycare or the school district wouldn't do anything because she wasn't 3 so we had to go to an actual behavioral clinic. She was diagnosed with severe anxiety and a very high IQ. Made the daycare people a little more empathetic at drop offs.
He's on the waitlist for Waisman Center. They are the best, but the reason I chose them is because they diagnosed a friend's teen son with autism after they endured years of the same diagnoses my son has. Their family also has the same medical problems as my family, and they occur very frequently with autism. My son also has the same psychologist as her son.

My son has very high IQ, has has had anxiety since about 4 years old that I have not been able to get diagnosed or treated - they get so stuck on "ADHD" but the behavioral therapy and medications for ADHD don't help at all. His neuropsychology evaluations at ages 6 and 8 were consistent with autism. I don't understand why this has been so difficult. :mad:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ah sorry about DS14. Autism evals are hard to come by everywhere I guess. I’ll never get one for DD1, her pediatrician doesn’t believe me (she’s well versed in autism in boys… not so well versed in autism in girls, but she thinks she is), so she just keeps telling me she has anxiety… so she won’t even refer us to psych🙄

So does this mean you’re homeschooling him again? Or do they send work home?
we got a referral to psych, but that doesn't help until his physical issues get diagnosed. If the psych diagnosis comes first it will be nearly impossible for him to get his physical stuff treated in this region.

I'm assuming they will determine he is not a threat, but I hope they will give him the same consequences as if he was a threat. He needs to learn a lesson about written communication and the permanence of written communication online. I'm not going to pull him out of school to homeschool him because I think he needs to experience the consequences of this fully and resolve it.

All his schoolwork is available online, but his computer is at school and I'm not willing to supervise his computer use. His computer mis-use is the reason I stopped homeschooling him. But hey, if he gets expelled, I will order some workbooks and he can do that until he is 18. :rolleyes: I have been picking him up after school just to verify that his computer is in his locker and he hasn't tried to sneak it home, if that tells you where we are with computer mis-use.