Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If he has autism, he is eligible for disability. Don't know if you're interested in pursuing that. DS had no trouble getting it-- first check came less than 2 months after he first applied. An acquaintance of ours has not been so lucky: 2 years, and he is still fighting with the govt on that. I don't know why, maybe it depends on who is processing the claim.
How old was your son when he was diagnosed with ASD?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH dang - stop feeding him and maybe he'll stop growing so fast, lol!

Hope you can get a good working harness for him. I vote that your DH handle the transaction with the Amish. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
To add insult to injury, in 3rd grade we made paperweights for our mothers. It was a clear plastic furniture cup type castor to keep the legs from scratching the floor. We put in a picture of ourselves in it, poured plaster of Paris in it, once dry, we glued felt to the bottom. So the upside down castor showed our picture. My bangs we cut so short that they weren't bangs at all, just little tufts of hair sticking out at the hairline. My Mom laughed at my picture and for years kept that paper weight with the felt side up to hold her rings. :gig :gigI found it in her things, I think I still have it somewhere around here.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Another of DHs coworkers feels unwell. All it takes is the first person in a group to be asymptomatic spreader and the whole group goes down. Just sayin. 😑

Its chilly and windy now, and will be freezing by the end of the day. Freezing temps all next week, probably until spring. Living outdoors will get a lot less fun. (10 more days)

The cold room traps body heat well. Its has been 70s without using the heater. I woke up too warm at 78 degrees last night and opened the door to cool off!

Sleeping in the barn is comfy, its managing the kids and trying to stay out of the house thats harder. Yesterday was beautiful weather so we opened the windows and wore masks and I was inside quite a bit.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One of my ears cleared up since starting OTC meds. The other is worse. My resting heart rate has increased in the last 3 days and I cant ignore the pain. Time for telehealth and antibiotics. 😐

i hope it all helps! ear aches are miserable things to have happen.