Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I entered my January receipts into a spreadsheet. No big surprises - except spending much less on groceries than I had guessed. I'm glad to have it done. Now to repeat 11 more times this year!

I decided to start a social media presence. (I might have decided that a while back, but for realsies now) I'm missing some business opportunities due to not having it together. I had scheduled 3 months' worth of facebook/insta posts and discovered today that only 4 of them actually posted. Not pleased! They were all date-sensitive so I can't reschedule them. I started a new campaign. It's dog training education month, so that's an easy theme. I literally have zero followers/friends on social media (not even DH!) I wouldn't have social media accounts at all except for internet presence - mostly to protect my business name from getting poached. But if I really want to get books published, I have to have social media presence/following. Boo. Making social media content is not my thing. I'll have to learn! If someone wants to be my first follower, send me a message. 🙈:gig

I got an offer to trial a new high tech dog training tool for a couple months. IDK if they will accept my application because it looks like they want a lot of social media attention from it. If I get 5 people to buy one, I keep the trial model for free. No way that's going to happen, but I could sent if back or pay for it - $100 off. I'm thinking of it as a deep discount. No way I can make the sales in 2 months, I'm just not there for social media following (and I live in a low-income area, so I can't imagine many local people buying it).

I'm up too late because I was writing a guest post. Not paid, of course, but at this point any mentions and links back to my site/social will help.

Starting new things is hard.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
@tortoise MLM is blah. good luck, but i've seen too many versions of that to find it appealing. (Amway being a western MI thing, almost a cult as far as i'm concerned).
thankfully it's not MLM. I didn't explain well. It's an affiliate link kickback.

I didn't know Amway still existed. My parents had a "friend" try to sell them on Amway when I was a kid. (didn't go over well, LOL)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just looked up your MIL's ailment. Horrible, just horrible. Hugs for peace for her.

it may take a while but knowing what is going on is a help in finding peace and acceptance. when you don't know is a lot more difficult. when we lost our friend to ALS he was able to have a big party and celebration of life kind of event and everyone came and said good bye and it was sad but at least we were able to do that.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I 'liked' your page for the treat thingie. This triggered another 10 or so similar folks with their pages for the same treat thingie. I'll be very happy to support your page, but I'll be hiding the others, as I'm in in just for you, not them. btw: your smile made me smile!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I 'liked' your page for the treat thingie. This triggered another 10 or so similar folks with their pages for the same treat thingie. I'll be very happy to support your page, but I'll be hiding the others, as I'm in in just for you, not them. btw: your smile made me smile!!
Thanks! In the pic I was laughing at my dog being all snuggly and then he looks mildly offended! :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
He was housetrained. And then was not taken outside for long periods. (I expected this, because his white fur is stained yellow-brown.) He doesn't ask to go outside. He runs off and hides to potty on the floor, or in his kennel.
Update on S! He had diarrhea overnight. Instead of running off to hide it somewhere, it was right in front of my bedroom door. I feel bad I didn't hear him whining, but I'm so happy he tried to ask to go out.

We did another fecal. No giardia, but he has 3 varieties of clostridium going on in there. More probiotics - not much we can do about the clostridium.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MIL looks pretty good. She has some mobility aids that are helping her get around a little bit. FIL has learned to cook! She seemed cheerful. I'm sure it was a relief to get diagnosed. DH installed a new internet service for her so she will be more connected going forward. All the grandkids were able to visit at the same time for her birthday. :love

Latest posts