Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i had too many sugars/carbs this morning and i sure feel like doodoo. my body has been doing pretty well with the apples and peanut butter for breakfast. i had a bowl of cereal and i think i'd have been better off with the small banana split instead - at least there's actual nutrition in there with the banana and peanut butter. i'm zooming but i also feel like i want to go back to sleep. meh.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i had too many sugars/carbs this morning and i sure feel like doodoo. my body has been doing pretty well with the apples and peanut butter for breakfast. i had a bowl of cereal and i think i'd have been better off with the small banana split instead - at least there's actual nutrition in there with the banana and peanut butter. i'm zooming but i also feel like i want to go back to sleep. meh.
Oof, not a good feeling! I grabbed a peanut butter Perfect Bar at a gas station this morning. DS15 had an XL monster, hard boiled eggs and cheese stick. DS7 had a muffins, milk, and baby carrots.

In the Midwest, Kwik Trip is better than fast food restaurants. They have the cheeseburgers, fried chicken, etc, but they also have a chilled display with fresh fruit, veggies, and plenty of keto/paleo/etc options. Faster and costs less than McDonald's too.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I taught 16 kids how to make dog tug toys. It went over well! Kids didn't want to leave 😄 I taught a quick lesson on dogs' color vision and on how to play tug safely. Then we did quiz bowl for these rest of the time. There are 5 or so different craft sessions so I needed a way to entertain while siblings in different sessions finished their projects.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I went to IKEA without DH this morning! :D He definitely would not approve of my picks. I bought 3 bookshelves that fit into my oddly-shaped half-story room. I bought cellular blinds for the last 2 windows in my house without shades, and curtain rods because they are much-much more sturdy than what I can get at walmart. For my kids' bedrooms. They've each ruined curtain rods by hanging *stuff* from them or repurposing them. :rolleyes: Also picked 2 matching lamps for the odd half-story room. They light up the dark corners of the room where the walls are too short for a regular table lamp.

Shelves are installed, but not anchored to the wall. The walls are so crooked there is a 3" gap between the wall and the shelves at the top. Thankfully my kids are past the climbing stage.

I'm feeling remarkably well today, so I cleaned more than usual. Might get caught up on regular dishes/laundry/daily clutter by tomorrow night? I also was well enough to enforce DS7's bedtime and he fell asleep hours earlier than usual. 💪

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 is coming 'round on bedtime. I didn't need to sit by his bedroom door last night. Easy to wake him up, he did his morning routine independently- even added breakfast and packing a lunch. He has the option to get hot lunch at school, but he prefers "cold" lunch from home. He packed rice cakes and a banana. He asked me to portion out raisins (he's not allowed bc of risk to dogs if he spills them on the floor). I added heritage flakes cereal, orange wedges, and raspberries. 🥰

DS15 has been having caffeine daily. He feels like crap. Life lessons to be had... 🙄

I feel energized this morning. I'm cleaning and pacing myself. Busy day ahead - all good things.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Yay for an easier bedtime and feeling better when he wakes up. Also yay on YOU feeling better too!
Thanks! I'm like a different person. Liposomal glutathione (and anti-inflammatory diet, no cheats for over a week) for the win!