Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What do raisins do to dogs? Always heard they are bad for dogs.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH was out of state for a few days. I picked him up at the airport today. I had a blast while he was gone, tbh! I went out to buy fresh flowers for myself one day and came home with 4 houseplants. :gig I had an easy time with diet and sleep schedule. But now it's back to compromise, lol. I'm happy he is home 😍

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm waiting for a winter storm to hit. First wave starting this evening (3 - 7") and second wave Wed/Thurs (12 - 20"). I don't need to do any more prep work. I might fill a jug of water - not strictly necessary with a generator, but it makes everything more comfortable between when the power goes out and when DH hooks up the generator. I had DS15 shovel a path for taking the generator to the hookup spot.

DS7 is home sick from school. I woke up sick too. I took liposomal glutathione about every hour. We slept in until 11 a.m. I had mandarins and blueberries for break-fast. I'm feeling much better, but I still need a nap or two this afternoon to kick this cold completely.

My internet has been spotty at best lately. It was getting so I couldn't load a webpage. They replaced the router today and checked the wires for faults. Much better now! I hope it holds steady!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hope ya'll feel better! And - hope the storm is kinder than expected.
I expect it won't be too bad, except for the poor souls who plow or travel due to emergencies. It will come in two bands with enough time to clear snow in between. That will help a lot too.

Most schools have already closed or switched to remote learning for Wed and Thurs. DS7's school hasn't announced closing yet. It will all just shut down until the roads are cleared.

We already had a storm this season with heavy snow, winds and trees falling. I can imagine that the weak trees have already fallen and not much more will go down. We might even keep power. Ya never know!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Used to be schools closed and days had to be made up. Now, just switch to remote learning. Waaay back, no such thing. 😁😁