Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I repotted my majesty palm. They're a challenging houseplant. It seems they like a lot of water, but they don't want stagnant water, ever. I punched more holes in the plastic pot it came in. I repotted from coconut coir (retains water) t half cactus soil and half perlite. I placed the plastic inner pot on a wire rack in a ceramic outer pot. Now I can water like 1/2 gallon per day and it will run off quickly. I also read that it requires more magnesium than most houseplants so I added a bit of epsom salt to the water. It's looking dry and yellowish, but I hope it will recover. It was bone dry and wilty when I bought it.

I got some work done today. I scheduled classes, did online listings for them - involves updates on social media, website and online store. and new images for all three. I have a rough plan for what to promote at the open house, and an idea for creating a display. I need to refine my class curricula. I have thoughts. Now I need to work out the details.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH's fever broke today. He's feeling much better. He made supper, did laundry and wrangled the kids so I could work. :love

The forecast is incredible here. High's in the upper 30s and lower 40s for the next 10 days. We should be below zero! I hope February and March are mild, because this is going to mess up all the plants. I hope the trees get enough rest this winter. The warm temps are fun for now, but I worry about the consequences.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It was cool. A separate surgery room. A Mr Doc does all the surgeries and he was weird acting. He clearly didn't like talking to groups.
A table where all the dentals are done with the xray equip just like humans.
A large animal kennel room.
A small animal kennel room.
A large shelves filled Rx room.
A comfort room, which I was in for Bandito when he passed
Of course, about 5 exam rooms, which we didn't all see cus we've all been in one or two
A new room which is being set up for a new Doc to do acupuncture and other holistic therapies
A clean room with exterior entrance and special filtering for animals with contagious respiratory conditions.
Upstairs was a large employee room and a medical library; with full kitchen and tables and chairs for future training sessions.

There are five vets there, and its owned by a woman. Then the new 6th vet coming in.

Oh, and I met an older couple. Well, maybe my age. Their long haired doxy has cushings. I have one month's meds from Bandito, $90 worth, for cushings disease. They are going to take the full box off my hands. I'm very pleased to pass on this med to someone who needs it.

don't worry. Tortoise. They are under instruction that it was for my 40 lb cattle dog and for them to take it to Claus Paws to check the dosage for their doxy. I told them I'm not responsible, just passing on a med filled by the same office for my dog.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It was cool. A separate surgery room. A Mr Doc does all the surgeries and he was weird acting. He clearly didn't like talking to groups.
A table where all the dentals are done with the xray equip just like humans.
A large animal kennel room.
A small animal kennel room.
A large shelves filled Rx room.
A comfort room, which I was in for Bandito when he passed
Of course, about 5 exam rooms, which we didn't all see cus we've all been in one or two
A new room which is being set up for a new Doc to do acupuncture and other holistic therapies
A clean room with exterior entrance and special filtering for animals with contagious respiratory conditions.
Upstairs was a large employee room and a medical library; with full kitchen and tables and chairs for future training sessions.
That sounds awesome!! I'm envious of a separate entrance on the isolation room 😄

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Work is getting busy. Makes me happy! I'm a little worried about working evenings and weekends. DH will have to take the kids home some days? He usually works late when I have evening classes. IDK. DH is worried I'll burn out, but classes reduce my workload for the same income. 🤷‍♀️