Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It took us a little over 3 years to find our place. We have some health issues to consider so that cut out allot of places. We must have seen 30 places! We put in about 4 or 5 offers that got rejected but we could go no higher. Oddly, the house 1 door down and across the street was one we looked at and got rejected for, While waiting to see if we got that one, we saw a sign spring up for this one! At first we thought the lot was too small, but called about it anyway, it was bigger than we thought and, it had AG1 Land!!! We found out we got rejected and asked to see this one the same day. Loved it! Although not perfect, it met our needs and most of our wants. It actually was better suited than the other ones we were rejected for! So take heart, the powers that be may be looking for a better match for you!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
~gd, you brought up a valid point. The bank would not make a house loan for my sister until she married her husband. They had lived together for 7 years, but they had to get married for the loan. That made my brother in law real happy as he had been trying to nail her down for some time. Of course, in today's sue happy world, no banker would ever say that to you, they would just turn you down.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
baymule said:
~gd, you brought up a valid point. The bank would not make a house loan for my sister until she married her husband. They had lived together for 7 years, but they had to get married for the loan. That made my brother in law real happy as he had been trying to nail her down for some time. Of course, in today's sue happy world, no banker would ever say that to you, they would just turn you down.
I live in the Bible Belt and you are probally right, they won't come out and say it, But they will drop enougn hints so you get the point. My favorite is BE sure to come back if your situation changes.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
LOL, that's not it. My name wasn't on it. He has the money and the awesome credit score. ;) I didn't know there was still discrimination like that. Wow. :rolleyes:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The property we were looking at sold for $20K less than our offer. I think we're still bitter.

We're looking at another one now. It's expensive - twice a much as the last. But 80 acres versus 40, and riverfront property too. The house is smaller, the barn is in great condition, established plantings, heck, they'll throw in the livestock too! About a dozen bred Dorset ewes and a ram, 4 little goaties <3 <3 We were approved for the loan. The seller is not working with a real estate agent (yet). We have to decide if we want to buy it. Major downside is a CLOSE neighbor on a shared driveway. The people there now are just fine - but that house is for sale too.

Sprinkler Buddy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
This is my first time reading this thread, It was disappointing to read you didn't get it and then learning it sold under your bid.
Wasn't met to be, I'm sure you'll find your dream eventually! 40 to 80 acres is a big jump! :) I'm already envisioning your zoo. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Seller removed Craigslist ad and no listing showing with the real estate agent they were planning on. Our offer goes in today and they stated they would accept it. Expect to close May 1. I can't wait until our offer is accepted and I can start sharing details and photos!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
GUESS WHAT?!!!! Offer accepted! Now mountains of paperwork to wade through. Feels like each piece is something more that could go wrong. The appraisal is done. Still waiting on inspection. Sending the bank some documents to verify what is on the application.

He is thrilled! I'm thinking "OMG, what are we in for? At least the goats are cute. Goats are cute. Goats are cute...."