Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:woot But, it will be so worth it all when you have it all done and are actually living there.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Trying to chip away at getting our house ready. A little every day and hopefully there won't be to much of a mad rush at the end.

We are still working on painting our bathroom. Heated floor is done, but we won't lay the linoleum until the wall painting is completely done. Waiting for a wall heater unit to arrive.

I somewhat boxed up our basement already. I worked on it when we were waiting on the offer for the last place that didn't work out. My personal belongings are thoroughly purged. My son (6 year old) has been picking away at purging his junk. My fiancé has A LOT of stuff. He purged a little bit when we were waiting on the previous house. I hope he is inspired to purge stuff again because I don't want to move it all! :)

Has anyone had a stress-free moving experience?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Don't think there's any such thing! And I hope you get a lot of stuff purged! The less you have to pack and unpack the better.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ack, I am getting freaked out. He is wading through piles of paperwork to send verifications of everything into the mortgage company. He says to chill out because we'll have plenty of time to move. Yeah right, when there's a bed at one house and a toothbrush at the other. Uggh.

goats are cute.... goats are cute.... goats are cute....

I did pretty well today being all frugal. Grocery shopping was under $60, even with stocking up on canned goods on sale and chicken on sale. I got my hair cut, ended up buying salon shampoo and conditioner. A bit pricey, but I think it is going to end up costing less than cheapie stuff because I'll use less. And it's less than my other preferred salon brand.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
There's a saying I like, the cheap turns out expensive. People sometimes forget quality when they're trying to save. I've seen it w/horses. People buy the cheapest fencing they can, even though it isn't made for horses and are then shocked when the horses tear it down. So then they start patching and patching and patching. All the fixing and patching means that the fencing actually costs more than what it would have cost if they had bought the right stuff to begin with.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Sent papers in to the mortgage company. Waiting for "conditionally approved" to turn into "approved". This could drive me to bite my fingernails.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Just so long that you don't go too far and bite your fingers as well!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
When we looked at the house, I assumed we couldn't afford it and didn't look seriously. No mental notes other than "I don't hate it." I've been stressed out because I don't remember any details!

The home inspection is today. We are going to observe. I will take a lot of photos. This will be a relief!

And we'll visit the goats. <3

Daffodils At The Sea

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Tortoise! Congratulations! It's a wonderful adventure. All the work is worth it! Would love to see photos!

I remember when we bought our place I couldn't wait to sign the papers. I was sitting at the table reaching for them so fast before anyone could walk into the room and say, "Uh, nevermind!" (They couldn't, but I just wanted to be sure) :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Financing fell through because it is zoned Ag and the company doesn't do loans for income producing property. Now working with a local credit union who says they can process in-house within 3 days. They have all the paperwork. FX