Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good luck on getting your hydrant. I used to have one in my garden where I used to live and it was so helpful for garden and critters. I think about it when I'm hauling water to for garden now. :barnie

Too bad about your rabbits. What kind of wire was on the cages/pens? I suspected I had a snake eating my eggs when I would see an egg or two and then come back and they were gone. Sure enough a rat snake was in the coop. It was over 5 feet tall. My daughter got it. I would usually let them be because we have so many rats here but I was afraid it would get my chicks. New Hampshire, they are suppose to be a good dual-purpose breed. I want to get a Dark Cornish rooster for my flock.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Icer, those rat snakes get HUGE! The one I found in my hen house was almost 8' long. It had been under the coop for a while but, began disturbing hens, eatings 5-6 eggs at a time and then, draping self over 4 nest boxes. Watched it leave 2X, same path, 3rd time took machete and tapped it's tail in one nest to get it moving, as it crossed the 2x4, took it's head off!! NO, I do not catch & save these snakes. Sorry ---- can't! If I see them in a field or woods, just shoo them away. In my barn -- DEAD!

They LOVE eggs. Not wanting to reach in a nest and find one.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would have had to put the machete on the end of a pole. I won't get near snakes...I don't care how harmless they are!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I have no problem catching or handling snakes (I don't like killing them though). Not necessary here though, the only snakes in Ireland are imported to be sold as pets. You can't go into a pet shop here nowadays without finding a few snakes.

And tarantulas :hide

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's because St Patrick drove all the snakes out of Ireland.

StPaddyDrivesSnakesColor2.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So they say! lol I heard it had something to do with Ireland being an island they couldn't get to us. But trust people to import them now.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I've not seen one outside of a pet shop yet :hugs And even better, I've not seen a single big spider since I moved here, nearly 2 years ago. Except in pet shops. Pet shops are scary places lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm daydreaming about maybe doing pick your own flower garden. Or maybe sell flowers at farmer's market.

I ordered perennial flower seeds and need to get everything in the ground this week. That's the hard part, isn't it?! It's a little more difficult with the head congestion and throbbing I have. :complainypants:

Grandma gifted us a swingset. DH and I put it together yesterday. Kids love it! DH and I.... not so much.