Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am picking my battles today! I'm on my own today... i can't pick up DS2. He's stubborn and throws tantrums. PBS and chocolate milk to the rescue. The only nap he'll get is if he falls asleep in front of the TV. :oops:

I'm back to normal activity intermittently. I was able to do some housework this morning and pick more tomatoes. Had to leave the tomato bucket in the garden for DH to bring in later.

I'm ready for a nap.... if I can get DS2 to stay upstairs and watch TV.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you can sneak in some rest! Gotta love 2 year old tantrums... Sigh

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:th

I have a complication from my surgery and now have a consult with general surgery on Monday. Until then, I'm in bed with an ice pack. Google tells me the pain will subside in 72 hours, but it's looking like a long weekend.

When i went in for pre-op bloodwork at the little local clinic, the receptionist gave me some information on a newborn hat drive because she knows I knit hats. It's for Period of PURPLE awareness. I ordered purple yarn which arrived yesterday. So I guess I'll entertain myself with knitting tiny purple hats for the next few days?

DS10 was puking last night and feels fine today, which is fortunate because he couldn't go to school but is feeling well and can help me around the house today. I might teach DS10 how to blanch tomatoes, I still have a couple hundred pounds of tomatoes to can! And bushels of apples! DS10 shredded and froze 32 cups of zucchini yesterday! He's such a good kid when he's not being stubborn. :love

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
oh NOOOOOOOOO! That stinks in such a big way - you stay in that bed! GRRRRR!

Really glad DS10 is so helpful - he is a good fella to have around. :)

Knit - that's the only thing you should do...knit!

Hope you feel better soon!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm definitely staying in bed! Ouch! I can be up a little bit if I ice afterwards, but seriously. Owie.

I'm a little worried because lying down WILL make my POTS worse. Ah well. I know what that recovery is like.

I've been working on a list of things I can do from bed, and a short list of things I can do quick upright. Maybe the weekend won't be too terrible.

2 hats done! Switching projects to work on DS2's halloween costume. It's a surprise for him! Branch, from the Troll movie. :)