Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH had to go back to work. He stopped at the grocery store not he way home and bought all of DS2's favorite foods. DS2 had been miserable, whining, writhing, looking terribly sick. Until Daddy started opening the popsicles... and the crackers.... and chocolate milk... and oranges. DS2 was happy and giggling and running around soon after eating/drinking and was cheerful/playful/normal the rest of the night. He seems to have a bit of a common cold. I hope he stays healthy. He is supposed to go to grandmas for the weekend. DH and I only get to celebrate our anniversary every-other year because he is on call for every-other holiday and our anniversary is New Year's Eve. We don't have plans and will probably stay home.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Gosh, I hope the little one gets better soon!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Poor little guy! Hope he's feeling better soon!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This is a gift, so I can't share it elsewhere. I'd been stuck on this piece for a couple weeks. I got a mailing for continuing education classes - one of them being a drawing class with an instructor I know. He critiqued my work last year. I learned and improved from each critique. I sent him an email because the class is listed as "beginning to intermediate". He replied. His reply sparked an idea and I was able to improve the drawing enough that I'm "done" and willing to give it. I registered for the class too! :weee

IMG_4257.JPG

The girl was a victim of a double-murder-suicide domestic violence tragedy. It's intended for her coach who was very close to her and who is organizing memorials for her in the community.

Not much else going on around here. Another medication adjustment, feels promising because the effects are more steady. :fl oh! The neighbors are doing logging and dragging out through our property (downhill is easier than uphill!). They're going to leave a load of wood for us in return. Too bad we'd already spent a grand on firewood the week before they contacted us about hauling on our side... We'll be set for a few years.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That drawing is amazing! I love how you did her eyes… So sad to hear what happened to her though :( I think her coach will really appreciate the gift.

Score on the wood! Even if it's slightly bad timing! But it will save you money in the long run :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
New Year's Eve is my wedding anniversary. :love We eloped to Las Vegas 3 years ago.

Wicked cold over here. Not much news to report. DS10 has been throwing a passive power tantrum for an hour over wiping the kitchen counters.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo hoo happy anniversary to you!

I hear you on the cold... Ugh! And being stuck inside with kids who need to go out and get rid of some energy... Ugh again!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Congratulations on the anniversary! I eloped too, but not in Vegas lol My DS just came home from visiting friends. I need to go feed him quick...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had read that other people with my diagnosis were told by Mayo clinic doctors to get abdominal binders. I am certainly not unisex shape, so after a researching, I decided to buy a corset. It's amazing! I was upright/standing/walking for 7 hours yesterday - low heart rate, comfortable, and cool as a cucumber! DS10 says "something has changed - in a bad way" :gig I was a bit more on top of discipline than usual.

I'm struggling to figure out what to do with myself now. There's only so much cleaning one can do in a day! Yesterday I cleared up the avalanche on top of and around my sewing table and bought a coverstitch machine so I can sew clothing. I bought a corset pattern, but printed it wrong and will have to try again. I am hoping to make a collection of them. The effects of wearing a corset are worth the hassle.