Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is looking at buying a 480 sq ft house for a rental. OMG, I want it! Like, I want to live there. uh, by myself, I guess.
When my kids were teenagers that was my fantasy, lol! Now I only occasionally want to live alone - usually when DH does something really....stu... um....not smart! :hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
GaMarny (as my grandson would say when he was little)

I'm absolutely obsessed with all the Instant Pot info and recipes out there....have you done "boiled" eggs in yours? It would be awesome if they made really fresh eggs easy to peel. If I ever start getting eggs again I'll have to try it...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I started a local weight loss challenge and kinda-keto diet to push my mental and physical limits. Or to find them, rather! Kinda-keto makes me feel better overall anyway, so it wasn't much of a stretch. I don't do hungry, so I've been focusing on increasing my movement in sustainable and comfortable ways. I've been in physical therapy for pain and also found a Nutritious Movement teacher within day trip distance and have an appointment scheduled with her.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm missing a goat! Their round bale shifted against the fence and he appears to have been his exit strategy. The weird thing is this goat was my bottle baby, is lead trained, and knows all about our house and deck (and walking in our patio door....) but he didn't come to the house. Weird! He was in poor physical condition. I think we're going to find a body in spring. We contacted the neighbors. Not much we can do. :/

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now, all I gotta do is start getting more than a couple eggs a day.

My girls are getting back into the laying routine. Getting about 20-25 a day now -- should be about 40-50 in couple months, even with broodies. NOW I just have to get them into the coops I want them in & not where THEY want to be! I am over EE hunts. My customers are thrilled with even some of their usual amounts -- they tell me hey love the orange yolks & great flavor -- hey, I rarely eat them. (6 doz being delivered tomorrow. they paid for another bag of feed!) But it lets me know Spring is CLOSE when laying starts up.

MUST get seeds in pots this week!!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah! Poor goat! Strange he ran away in winter.mine don't even think about it, even my escape artists! Hope you find him, but I know the chances.. :( not enough snow to track him?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm missing a goat! Their round bale shifted against the fence and he appears to have been his exit strategy. The weird thing is this goat was my bottle baby, is lead trained, and knows all about our house and deck (and walking in our patio door....) but he didn't come to the house. Weird! He was in poor physical condition. I think we're going to find a body in spring. We contacted the neighbors. Not much we can do. :/
I'm so sorry :( Hopefully he will be back today, hopefully!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh no....it is strange that he would run away. Not so strange for them to escape their pen, but to disappear away from home and feed.... Hope it has a better outcome than the one you are worried about. :(

Latest posts