Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Our offer is in. Our buyer's agent says it is "a very strong offer" and he is "hopeful". The seller's agent says we will hear back Monday or Tuesday. (OMG, how long can this drag on?!) My fiance would like me to stop pacing and staring off into space.

I can talk more about it after 5, when they're no longer accepting offers. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh cool! I can't even imagine 40 acres! :fl Sending positive vibes, prayers and best wishes that things go your way.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can't stand the home buying process. I think a big deciding factor is having all of your ducks in a row. Financing etc...

Best of luck. :fl

G

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Lots of things to think about. If we get to buy it, we would be able to keep our house now long enough to fix the new house and move in at a comfortable pace.

The home has a holding tank rather than a septic. It has to be pumped frequently! So top items to do are: repairs to the holding tank system: it needs an alarm and a new lid cover, replace toilet with high efficiency toilet, install low flow shower head, get high efficiency washer/dryer.

The kitchen needs a stove, the soffit needs to be closed up and have recessed lights installed. The cabinets need a coat of glossy finish. The sink and counter need replacing. I want a backsplash. The kitchen floor needs replacement, but we've decided to live in it for a while to make sure we wouldn't move anything major in the kitchen before putting new floors in.

The bathroom needs to be re-done floor to ceiling. tub/shower surround, toilet, floor, sink, counter, vanity. We've agreed to do this before moving.

It's a split level with a very strange and unattractive railing and glass ceiling over the stairs going down. We would build a half-wall.

The laundry room and "the cave", a small basement area underneath the entry, need some serious shelving built to fit our things into it!

All the rooms are freshly painted so painfully neutral, I would paint everything before moving. I've mentally repurposed and rearranged our furniture to fit the space.

Outside of the house, the barn needs some immediate first aid. The roof timbers have slipped off the sill and are hanging unsupported! It looks to be a major structural repair we would hire help for. It could very well collapse!! Everything else outside will have to wait until spring. I am hoping we can transplant most of our perennials from our current home.

I will be seriously, seriously disappointed if we don't get to buy it. Our offer was $20K over the listing price with pre-approved financing. :fl :fl :fl

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would seriously crunch the nunbers if you plan to carry 2 mortgages. That is unless your current place is paid for.

It may take time for the first house to sell. Then you will not only have 2 mortgages but utilities as well. This is what were doing now.

It's not fun.

Best of luck.

G

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good Luck!
Hope they take into consideration someone who will love and work it. ;)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:fl Today might be the day! I'm hopeful! I have mentally moved our furniture in, it looks beautiful in my mind. :rolleyes: It's hard to be excited about the possibility without being discontent with where I am right now. I think I've gone through the stages of loss already in the last week. I am hoping that if we don't get to buy it, I won't take the news too hard!

Latest posts