Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you're feeling well today! Bummer on the random frost. My pepper plants just quit, I don't even know why. I think peppers hate NH.

Good luck with the ram!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I sheared 2 of our sheep today! Their fleeces are a mess and I have processed wool from last year so I didn't try to save any wool. DH helped me hold them. We did nasty ram and the flighty/wild ram. I was able to halter, lead, tie my nasty ram. He was a bit pushy for some of it but not bad. Flight/wild ram was all discombobulated after his pasture mate nasty ram was sheared, so DH took that opportunity to catch him. I used [pro, top of the line] dog clippers, they were getting hot! I don't think the clippers - or myself! - could do more than 2 at a time.

I have 4 ewes and a meat wether left. Takes the pro sheep shearer $5 and 5 minutes. DH and I. Were both being too stubborn to call the shearer. Took us 50 minutes to do the first one! But hey, we're getting better! Last year we could NOT get anything to work and we were embarassed for the shearer to see our attempt.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
LOL! Sheep are so stupid they don't recognize each other after shearing! Rams get all stressed out trying to figure out which one was dominant. And if they're with ewes, they are horny over their "new" girlfriends. :rolleyes:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
O.K. I got you. It's a fancy term for "being sheep"? lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:celebrate DUMPSTER IS GONE!

I had last-minute additions today. Funny how I stop seeing things! I was adding a junky piece of furniture just sat the truck was pulling into the driveway to haul the dumpster away.

I'm working on fixing up the guest room. The walls are yellow and there's a little-girl style wallpaper border. I have hotel drapes, bedding and lamps gleaned from a hotel auction. I want to remove the wallpaper border and paint it a grownup color. I sleep in the guest room fairly often, so it's a gift to myself. The RUSH is because I'm dogsitting my cousin's dog while she is honeymooning and I invited her to stay overnight. They're honeymooning someplace very, very rustic so I'd like to give them a cushy nice break before their long drive home. I have 3 weeks to get it done.

Latest posts