Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My niece eats them as fast as I dry them....either fresh or dried I can never keep bananas around with her present lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yup, bananas turn black and completely mushy after freezing. Can't imagine they would dehydrate well after freezing. BUT, they're fantastic for banana bread after freezing. Cut open the end and squoosh out the banana goo! No mashing required!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When I slice the bananas thin and freeze them on a cookie sheet single layer or a layer of wax paper between layers they look great. The kids will eat them frozen or in smoothies. I just loaded up the dehydrator with banana slices dipped in lemon juice. DH and DS3 are excited to have banana chips but DS1 is complaining about wasting perfectly good bananas that could be frozen sliced. You can never please everyone.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If I'm going to dehydrate frozen vegetables, I rinse them off first- that seems to minimize the syrupy film that @Icertuche mentioned.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yup, bananas turn black and completely mushy after freezing. Can't imagine they would dehydrate well after freezing. BUT, they're fantastic for banana bread after freezing. Cut open the end and squoosh out the banana goo! No mashing required!

That's how I do it too! Makes perfect banana bread that way. :D That reminds me...I really need to use up some frozen nanners soon, they are taking up too much space in the freezer.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I haven't had a banana last that long since DS2 came around. He loves them! I get two bananas when I go grocery shopping for a breakfast treat for him the next days.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got a case of bananas from our church a couple of months ago that I froze over half of them. I was almost out but the church gave us another case a last week. I dehydrated eight trays and then froze what everybody didn't eat. DH and the Wildbunch are enjoying banana pudding.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Cool and breezy here. I'm staying indoors. DS10 is behaving himself and doing schoolwork independently; DS2 is watching a movie. I'm free to do adult stuff uninterrupted. :bliss:

I'm wiping down furniture with penetrating stain and cleaning it up with polish. Uff dah! It's tiring! But I don't get much free indoor time with windows-open weather, and I'll regret it all year if I don't get it done before winter.