Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I painted another wall. Was feeling good so I scraped out ewe pen in the barn and gave them fresh litter. My heart rate was doin' good, hovering around 100, which is normal for me for exercise. I finished up and watched them for a couple seconds [standing] and my heart rate went up another 50 bpm and I had presyncope. I do not want to faint in the barn and hit my head on concrete so I went inside. Dog tired. DH got home a couple minutes later and reminded me that we had 2 sheep left to shear and the forecast for tomorrow is 90's. We got the sheep sheared, I had to stop and rest a couple times, but wasn't as bad as I expected.

We moved the older chicks from this year into our meat flock for growing out. We ended up with a decent hatch out of the second batch! Surprise! We thought we were going to end up with only one chick! DH moved them out to the barn. I'm in bed, too tired to eat supper. I'm done for the day.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm gonna scare you again FEM! I struggle walking from the garden back to the house. I'm trying to fight through the discomfort of POTS because it's not life threatening - but getting deconditioned from avoiding symptoms exacerbates it. So I went to the garden today even though I didn't feel great. Did I mention heat/sun exacerbates symptoms too? I was sitting on the ground or squatting, and my heart rate was hovering around 110. (Without the heat, it would be 60-70 ish). I walked back the house because I was getting dizzy. When I got back to the house, my heart rate was 156 and I had pain in my left arm. DH called me about then and I was having cognitive symptoms too, struggling with oral-motor coordination to speak. Left arm pain lasted about 30 minutes. I didn't feel "right" until evening. It was awesome. :sarcasm: and totally normal for me. DH always accused me of being "lazy" and not gardening, and I always felt ashamed for being "out of shape" walking up that slope. I'm so glad that we're both wrong! I have cardiology appointment soon, I and taking notes and counting the days!

DH's family vacation is this week. They rent a lake cabin every year. Fortunately it's local to us so I can escape and go home!!! I've been avoiding it more than usual this year. Sitting around and listening to people complain and gossip is not relaxing to me! I went home early today because I wasn't going to tolerate 1) frigid air conditioning 2) sitting under a canopy with smokers or 3) sitting in the rain. I was VERY relaxed to take a walk, practice piano, and do housework. I don't need [or want] a vacation from my life.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds like a miserable "vacation"! My husband's family are all drinkers, we don't go to many family gatherings, it's just not fun!

That is scary, good thing you have that appointment coming up soon!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree - that IS scary. I'm no cardiologist for sure - but a heart rate of 156 can't be good... Are there meds that could stabilize the heart rate? Not that I'm an advocate of taking a pill for everything, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :hugs Still in awe that you do all that you do!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
There are meds, but then DH has to give up on more biological kids. There are non-pharmaceutical treatments that I plan to try after the test for definitive diagnosis.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hmm conundrum. I hope you can find something that helps, or DH accepts not having more kids (if that's what you want, of course)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Just… :hugs Look after yourself and be careful out there!