Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i can sleep through someone snoring as long as they are a regular snorer. i can't sleep through the intermittent and explosive snoring that often comes with sleep apnea. often i would be rather amused on waking up from dreams where i would be trying to talk to my gf and she sounded like the adults in the Peanut cartoons *wah wah wha* eventually i would get so frustrated from asking her to speak more clearly in the dream and trying to understand what she was saying that i would wake myself up.

my Dad was so loud he'd shake the house. one time staying at his place i was sleeping in one of the rooms of the basement and i woke up in the middle of the night and heard this noise that sounded like a bear was in the house. it was rattling down the heating ducts from upstairs. i got up and started walking up the stairs to see what was going on and then figured it out, laughed and went back to bed. wrapped a pillow around my head.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We are fairly sure that my snoring is caused by my excessive weight. Once I get that off I think things will be better.

I was looking at our barn the other day and I think we will need to do something about the block walls or risk loosing the whole thing. I know that a couple of the ledger boards are rotted away, but that won't be too big of a deal for us to fix. But the walls are the foundation and the blocks were homemade when they built the barn. With all the "fixes" and remodels to the barn, I can see where the blocks are starting to move apart and opening up gaps in the walls. This barn is visible in the 1935 aerial photos, so it has some age to it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My snoring is from inflammation. I am working on it! I'm losing some more edema (inflammation!) since going dairy-free. Am at my lowest weight in 2 - 3 years. 144.4# this morning. Down from 158.0# in November. And most of the loss is water weight. :eek:

My dog (mobility service dog) was at the vet yesterday for workup. She has laryngeal paralysis. :( We are waiting on bloodwork to test for myasthenia gravis (treatable possible cause of the laryngeal paralysis). If it's not that, there's a surgical fix, but it increases risk of aspiration pneumonia. :/ But it would get her breathing more easily and able to do more strenuous work. She's 5 years old. But it might be time to start looking for a replacement puppy - they need to grow out 2 years before they can do load-bearing work. My dog is having difficulty with swallowing and eating and is down to 78#. :eek: She should be 90 - 95#!! I have been soaking her food, but I need to level up. Her kibbles are so big, I think I'll grind them in my Ninja. And order some different kibble when this is used up!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
y'know that feeling like your life is starting to fall apart into disorganization and you're about to screw everything up? not anxiety. Just falling apart. I'm feeling it now. Nothing has gone wrong yet, but I feel on the verge of missing appointments or generally letting pieces fall apart.

Being up past my bedtime is not helping. DH is watching the Superbowl. My bed doubles as TV couch. I'm trying to complete small tasks from my to-do list while I wait.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i can worry more than really is good for me, so i try to distract myself by keeping busy and reading books. even books i've read before if they are good enough will help. like a comforting old friend. :)

hang in there and be good to yourself! :)