Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang girl! You are truly a warrior! The things you accomplish even with your challenges are nothing short of amazing. Sorry about the return to the wheelchair though. Pool to cool off in sounds like heaven right now. Hope you kick this episode quickly and get to enjoy the pool soon!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The local school district released a statement about school opening (and a survey). It changed DH's mind and he agrees to virtual or homeschool for DS5 this coming school year. I hope there is a spot left in the virtual charter school - I know a lot of parents are considering it this year.

I have a lot of work to do. I have started a routine and am training myself and family to it. I'll need to refine it to make sure I can get schooling in for both kids. DS13 is fairly independent but it's still work.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't even imagine how it would feel to have a school age child right now. I worry about my grandkids even though their district hasn't made firm plans yet. I think I'd follow your lead @tortoise - I'd be keeping 'em at home!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My school room is ready-enough. I set up Kindergarten style centers, bought classroom posters for the walls. It's all decorated and cute. My kids are excited to use it. I put together a school day schedule for DS5. We have some time to practice and work out kinks (a.k.a. "I don' wanna" tantrums) before his virtual school starts. I need to make a long list of fine motor art activities - and get all the supplies.

Kitten is doing well. She has taken to training. Here's her list. Food lures for everything and about 1/4 are on verbal cue.
  • Walking on leash - new harness today so she'll have to relearn.
  • Car rides in a kennel.
  • Going into her travel kennel on cue
  • Sleeps in a big dog kennel at night still
  • Jump on platforms (footstool, upside down bucket)
  • Jump between platforms
  • Jump over a bar between platforms
  • Spin clockwise
  • Spin clockwise on a disc (upside down bucket)
  • Sit
  • Down
  • Jump through legs
  • Working on 2off on a footstool which is really too tall, but whatever
  • Started go-arounds - circling a post. the finished behavior is like barrel racing
Long list to keep me busy. I love training. It's my "me" time.

Not long after I brought Gracie II (kitten) home, a stray showed up and has been hanging around. Maybe 6 weeks now? He MEOWS around the house very loudly about 1 a.m. and wakes us up. Hes friendly enough to approach and allow petting. I trapped him this week and had him neutered and vaccinated. He disappeared for a day after that but he woke us up yelling at the patio door last night. I could like him if he didn't do that. LOL I don't plan to feed him, he will probably wander away. The males tend to do that even if they're neutered.

I gave up on gardening, and am feeling guilty for it. I hope the grocery supply chain holds steady.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The schoolroom sounds great and Kitten sounds like a real winner. How's Bay doing? She still functioning as your service dog?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The schoolroom sounds great and Kitten sounds like a real winner. How's Bay doing? She still functioning as your service dog?
She's not functioning much. :/ She has had a couple good days but she really struggles to breathe in the heat. I've been looking for a successor for her and not finding much out there. I hope she can work more when the weather cools off - but of course I probably won't need her as much then either. :/

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My school room is ready-enough. I set up Kindergarten style centers, bought classroom posters for the walls. It's all decorated and cute. My kids are excited to use it. I put together a school day schedule for DS5. We have some time to practice and work out kinks (a.k.a. "I don' wanna" tantrums) before his virtual school starts. I need to make a long list of fine motor art activities - and get all the supplies.

Kitten is doing well. She has taken to training. Here's her list. Food lures for everything and about 1/4 are on verbal cue.
  • Walking on leash - new harness today so she'll have to relearn.
  • Car rides in a kennel.
  • Going into her travel kennel on cue
  • Sleeps in a big dog kennel at night still
  • Jump on platforms (footstool, upside down bucket)
  • Jump between platforms
  • Jump over a bar between platforms
  • Spin clockwise
  • Spin clockwise on a disc (upside down bucket)
  • Sit
  • Down
  • Jump through legs
  • Working on 2off on a footstool which is really too tall, but whatever
  • Started go-arounds - circling a post. the finished behavior is like barrel racing
Long list to keep me busy. I love training. It's my "me" time.

Not long after I brought Gracie II (kitten) home, a stray showed up and has been hanging around. Maybe 6 weeks now? He MEOWS around the house very loudly about 1 a.m. and wakes us up. Hes friendly enough to approach and allow petting. I trapped him this week and had him neutered and vaccinated. He disappeared for a day after that but he woke us up yelling at the patio door last night. I could like him if he didn't do that. LOL I don't plan to feed him, he will probably wander away. The males tend to do that even if they're neutered.

I gave up on gardening, and am feeling guilty for it. I hope the grocery supply chain holds steady.

sorry to hear about the giving up on gardening, but not everyone can do it all the time. if you want to talk about it more in a different thread it might be an interesting topic. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We've had a nice break of cooler weather. This week, I painted my kitchen, refinished kitchen/mudroom door, stained kitchen trim, repainted mudroom, refinished mudroom shelf and welcome sign, painted front door, painted bedroom. :th DH is annoyed, says I'm being irresponsible since I crash after a few days of activity. I'm fueled by anger and excessive caffeine. :cool:

I was so proud of my first successful hybrid seeds I bred - I've been waiting for them to mature for 10 months. MY CHILDREN THREW THEM IN THE GARBAGE! So today, we dumpster dive. :mad:

Latest posts