Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
yay! i hope they will grow for you.

did they say why they threw them away?

Teamwork! :gig DS5 wadded up the paper towel they were on and took it outside. (assuming to plant them, he's like that). DS13 picked up the wadded up paper towel and threw it away. (he doesn't notice details like that. Like that I use paper towel about 1 a year so there's something special/different going on when a paper towel is out)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Teamwork! :gig DS5 wadded up the paper towel they were on and took it outside. (assuming to plant them, he's like that). DS13 picked up the wadded up paper towel and threw it away. (he doesn't notice details like that. Like that I use paper towel about 1 a year so there's something special/different going on when a paper towel is out)

haha! well you can't really get mad about something like that. :)

i have been trying to get Mom to just not touch anything in my room at all. don't move it, don't clean it, etc. that works the best. i am a completely horizontal organizer and i have visual memory of where i put things. if you move my piles around i won't be able to find anything... lol at least then, when i do clean i have a better chance of remembering where i've put something. last year i cleaned up some clutter and boxes got sorted out, but it has been a tough time for me since then since i can't always find what i'm trying to. i recently redid yet more stuff and oh the terror...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think you are amazing. With all your health problems, you just keep on doing what you do. I hope the schooling goes good with your kids. I worry about my grands. Both parents work, DD is college professor, DSIL is assistant principal. If they hadn't moved so danged far away, heck, I'd home school the kids.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am going through another round of minimalism. This one has been the most interesting yet. I have been minimizing obligations to others and self-imposed obligations too. Questioning everything! This was inspired by COVID-19. After a few months without having appointments, meetings, etc, I started to really enjoy being home. I was surprised how stressed I get over appointments on my calendar - more physical stress than emotional.
  1. I quit social media
  2. Stopped following the news, including listening to radio stations that include news updates.
  3. I stopped paying attention to local COVID-19 updates and started really staying home instead.
  4. I took a break from scheduling appointments. I've settled into alternating weeks off and weeks available for appointments/errands.
  5. I stopped shopping in stores almost completely and switched to grocery pickup, produce subscription box, and autoship for pet supplies. The biggest change here is trying to buy clothes online instead of in thrift stores. I'm not having much success so I've been wearing dress clothes because my regular clothes are wearing out or worn out. Even though new clothes cost more, I think I will end up saving quite a bit of money this way. I was spending a lot of money on food, snacks, impulse buys, gas, and shopping for entertainment.
  6. I stopped using the library (temporarily) since it ends up feeling like a whole set of obligations.
  7. I quit several hobbies that were wasting time. I had picked up the hobbies for the purpose of wasting time but that doesn't serve me well anymore.
  8. I quit goals. They don't help me. I purged everything aspirational in my life. Anything that was to encourage, motivate, remind, or track progress to a goal is gone. This is a HUGE change for me since I've always been intensely focused on goals and resolutions.
  9. I quit my to-do list. About half by finishing the tasks and half by letting it go. A couple tasks aren't done and 2 big sewing projects I'm delaying until next year.
  10. I stopped taking supplements (temporarily)
  11. I stopped all my dietary restrictions. I added a couple back because it was so obvious and uncomfortable, but it's much more manageable now.
  12. I hired a housekeeping team for a couple times a month
  13. I quit my dream of selling African Violets as a side business, and downsized from about 600 plants/leafpots to about 50 plants. 2 of each variety in my collection, and a tray of plants for the 4-H kids. Almost all of them are wicked and my backups are under lights on a timer to minimize work.
So the real question is what am I making space for? Cooking, try to build up some physical fitness, homeschooling, feeling "together", and hoping someday I'll have space for drawing again.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am going through another round of minimalism.
You really have made some changes! We do a bit of that also. I find that I really enjoy having dog food delivered! Auto-ship is a wonderful thing. I go out at most once a week - usually every other week if I have shopped well previously. I haven't done grocery pick-up yet. I get inspiration walking down the aisles, but I'd probably get out cheaper if I didn't always shop my ideas, lol. Now that we've cooled off I'm trying to get my steps back up by spending more time outside with the critters. Doing pretty well at that this week!

Good to hear from you - keep taking care of yourself. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good to hear from you, yes! Guess we are part of "social media" but, maybe you could include us in your thoughts every so often. We miss you.

Sometimes we have to "downsize" and that includes the day to day, not just animals. Hope it works for you and your new priorities. If it helps with your health problems, it's a winner. Stay well.