Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So the real question is what am I making space for? Cooking, try to build up some physical fitness, homeschooling, feeling "together", and hoping someday I'll have space for drawing again.

that is all a lot of major changes from my perspective! i hope you are enjoying things more now. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You just have to figure out what works for you. Sounds like you are on the right track.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I get inspiration walking down the aisles

I'm getting inspiration by looking at the meal kits with precut meat and veggies online! (Walmart pickup app). I show DS13 the price for the pre-cut food and he's suddenly willing to help prep food. LOL. Waiting for the day he asks me to pay him the difference! (don't give him any ideas now!)

Guess we are part of "social media" but, maybe you could include us in your thoughts every so often.

I'm happy to be back! It felt a little empty without y'all. Facebook and Instagram are not coming back! I'm so much happier without Facebook, and I barely used other sites so it wasn't worth it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH has been building a cold room for hanging carcasses. He built it into an unused area of the barn - cement block construction on 2 sides, stick built walls on the other. He made the walls and ceiling extra thick and had 6" spray foam insulation and added 1-1/2" foam sheet insulation on top - and on the floor too! He put a mini-split in with a coolbot to maintain refridgerator temperature range. The project ended up more expensive than expected, but we are looking forward to being able to process meat animals outside of a few days when the weather cooperates in early spring and late fall.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love the idea of a cool room! I had looked into it at one time - but it didn't happen here. Actually I was trying to convince my hunter/neighbor to do one and I'd split the price. Still didn't happen, lol. Congrats on yours!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Baymax's health continues its slow decline and she's not able to keep up with me anymore. She has GOLPP which is causing the degenerative decline. She's also having trouble with nausea and vomiting and has been hospitalized for it. No diagnosis yet, and she's still not keeping food down after 4 - 5 days. She looks like she feels terrible. :(

I've been looking for quite some time, maybe a year??, for a young Great Dane to train to be my next service dog since Baymax needs to retire. Everything fell into place suddenly yesterday, and I got another dog.

He's an 11 month old Great Dane - black with a white spot on his chest. He is a normal puppy - but big pushing 100#. His former family didn't get through enough training and he was too much for them to handle. He's perfect for me. I'm delighted with him. He is learning to ignore cats, leave Baymax alone and he's learning leash skills. He has a lot to learn but he has all traits/temperament I need. I'm feeling very hopeful. (and very tired!!)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I love the idea of a cool room! I had looked into it at one time - but it didn't happen here. Actually I was trying to convince my hunter/neighbor to do one and I'd split the price. Still didn't happen, lol. Congrats on yours!
We considered renting it out, but I think we were just trying to justify the cost. LOL It gives an opportunity with the garden though. I can't pick in the morning and go to a farmer's market. That's physically too much for me. Actually, just going to a farmer's market is way too much for me. But, with a cool room, there's possibility of doing a CSA type thing. I don't know that I'm able to do it, but it's a nice thought.

Latest posts