Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Took Carson to the vet, his anal glands were not impacted, but they were full and they hurt. He is asleep on the floor by my chair right now. If he wants to stay in again tonight, he can. Normally he only comes in to eat, then back outside to run, play and be a happy dog. He moved awhile ago and let out a whimper, so he is sore, but he'll be ok.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My cousin has a Dane that likes to sit on your lap when you pet him. He just backs up and sits his but down on your lap. My sister has a picture of him sitting on my B-I-L's lap, since my bil is such a small guy, all you can really see is the hand petting the dog, lol.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When you live with Great Danes
1603817174655.png

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I suspect I have an ear infection or eustachian tube dysfunction. My ears havent been right since I got a minor cold last month. This morning it was too painful too ignore. Dr. Google says pseudoephedrine, ibuprofen, and antihistamine. Dr. Google seems to be right. Much less pain and pressure today. I'm on second dose tonight and starting to feel hopeful this might drain and clear up on its own. I'll give it a week. I don't want too go to a clinic or urgent care with current COVID situation in my area.

I cancelled Boi's CGC test due to COVID too. The county it is in has similar COVID spread. I would have to take my kids with and I don't trust them took keep their distance or keep their hands off their masks.

A neighboring school district is shutting down for 2 weeks. There are COVID cases in my district too. I'm so thankful my kids could both do virtual school! DS13 finished 2 of his 4 classes today. His learning guide has a plan to add one or maybe two classes. I'm curious how that will go.

I've been working on getting Boi's diarrhea resolved and putting him on a schedule. Awaiting labwork from the vet, but seemed that rawhide was part of the problem. He is a little better. 3 hours between walks, but I need 4 hours to fit my schedule. I'm also working on engagement. He started mentally checking out on training, so I'm starting over with crating, food rationing, no chews or toys until he starts showing me engagement. He's much improved after a day so I think its the right direction. When he's more engaged in training he will earn more freedom.

I'm trying to teach him to push the couch footrest down. Its not going well. 😂 He is more comfortable with tugging and pawing behaviors. Nose nudges are harder for him.