Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Carson’s butt was still sore, he’d whimper every once in awhile. But yesterday I gently ran my hands over his gland area and he didn’t whimper. He stood stock still while I examined him, then I petted and praised him. He must be feeling better, he barked dang nigh all night. He sleeps on the screened porch, so the first volley of deep barks starts there, under our bedroom window. Then there is the scramble and stampede of elephant feet, he launches off the porch, still barking and runs to the front gate, still barking. I can identify each dog’s bark and Carson is always the last to shut up. Then the thumping of elephant feet as he comes back to the porch to his dog bed. LOL

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Carson’s butt was still sore, he’d whimper every once in awhile. But yesterday I gently ran my hands over his gland area and he didn’t whimper. He stood stock still while I examined him, then I petted and praised him. He must be feeling better, he barked dang nigh all night. He sleeps on the screened porch, so the first volley of deep barks starts there, under our bedroom window. Then there is the scramble and stampede of elephant feet, he launches off the porch, still barking and runs to the front gate, still barking. I can identify each dog’s bark and Carson is always the last to shut up. Then the thumping of elephant feet as he comes back to the porch to his dog bed. LOL

that might be music to your ears but to me that would be grounds for dismissal! :) i need my sleep.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I feel amazingly better with OTC meds for my ears. Tinnitus in one ear has cleared up. The other is milder. My fatigue is much less - didnt expect that!

The local Amish leatherworker is not in buso ess. But DH was able to track down another local leatherworker. Turns out he lives 2 miles away. He was able to make a strap extender SAME DAY and deliver it off to check the fit. 😲 I paid him extra for that. Was above and beyond. 💓

Boi has figured out that harness on = stay with me everywhere I go, and harness off = be a lazy pet. 😂

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've been feeling suspiciously functional since I started taking pseudoephedrine for my ears. Turns out its used for POTS treatment. It works similarly to midodrine or methylphenidate, neither of which I can tolerate side effects of. Wow, what a happy surprise!!!

those make me very hyper (as does ibuprofen).

i used to need them in the spring for the pollen allergies but once i started rinsing out my sinuses, eyes and washing my face each time i came indoors i haven't needed any meds at all for the spring allergies.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Methylphenidate (ritalin) gives me hypertalkative side effect, also irritability, and nausea and rapid weight loss - in a bad way - with increasing dose. It messes up my sleep too. I can only take a low dose of immediate release in the morning for a week at a time. It was welcome relief when I didnt have another option.

Phenylephedrine - the unrestricted version - makes DH "edgy", so he got the pseudoephedrine the last time he was sick. I would never bother to get pseudoephedrine from the pharmacy so I had never tried it before.

I guess I'll have to break my hermitting for this. I cant get it through pharmacy drive thru because of the restrictions, and I can only get 2 week's worth on a day. There are daily and monthly limits on it attached to photo ID so you cant just go to a different pharmacy get another box.

I went to a Walgreens about 20 miles from home. In the nearest town (5 miles away), confirmed COVID cases are 1 in 20 people on the last 4 weeks, increasing exponentially. Not worth going to the local pharmacy!!!!!

Its the difference between me being nearly bedbound or only able to get up for less than 5 minutes at a time, and being able to prepare food and sometimes walk my dog. Its hard to convey in words, but its a huge difference.

Got my grocery pick up today. The feed store has online shopping and drive thru pick up service, so DH asked me to get his order.

I trained Boi at a busy intersection between pickups. Traffic distraction, curbs, wheelchair ramps, waiting to cross. He definitely needs more exposure to traffic. His behavior looked okay, but he wasnt engaged or responsive.

Got my produce box. My delicata squash is the size of an apple. 🤣🤣🤣 Lots of fruit this time. Apples, pears, pomegranates, kiwi. Head lettuce, green onions, chard, and leeks. I've never had leeks before!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hermitting seems like a good opportunity to lose "the last 10 pounds". No holidays, no travel to mess up my plan. Grocery pickup means no impulsive unhealthy add ons.

I'm just going to use strategies that worked in the past. No big changes. Fewer treats - Larabars are my weakness so just dont buy any. Eliminate sucralose completely. Return to TRF. That will do it. Fast food once a week when I ran errands, holiday baking, and impulse buys "for the kids" are my biggest reasons for keeping "the last 10 pounds" on.