Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My hair is thick and curly. I wore it in a messy bun to tame it, but it would stay damp >24 hours. Thats cold! I couldnt wear a hat because of hat hair - its really bad with curly hair!

I think this will end up warmer! My head will be dry, I can wear hats, and my hair wont literally freeze. Hair icicles are not a good feeling.

Ask me again when it's -20 degrees F. 😅

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well...it is a dramatic change, no matter what had you had before. I had a friend with curly hair years back, she kept hers about 1-1.5" long. Always loved it but no curls here.

I once had my long hair cut into a pixie. Mom was shocked and not loving it but I loved it. Close as I could get to my friends adored cut.

Maybe DH will be impressed as it grows but you could still keep it short. Had to get those dog clippers out, didn't ya??? 😁

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I failed at avoiding news/media this evening. Stressed myself out for no reason. WI votes are not expected to be in until 4 a.m. or so. Polling indicates thise who voted in person overwhelmingly prefer a different candidate than those who voted by mail. Its a swing state, real nail-biter.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I was a small child, my mother cut my hair. Short. Horrible haircuts. I can remember crying after her butcher jobs on my hair. Dog clippers would have been an improvement. I finally got old enough to defy her and let my hair grow long. It still is long.

You look amazing, you are pretty, hair or no hair.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
When I was a small child, my mother cut my hair. Short. Horrible haircuts. I can remember crying after her butcher jobs on my hair. Dog clippers would have been an improvement. I finally got old enough to defy her and let my hair grow long. It still is long.

You look amazing, you are pretty, hair or no hair.
Yur hair is gorgeous @baymule ! I'm sorry you had bad haircuts. Its so hard to be a kid and try to deal with that. It would be difficult for most adults - but the adults wouldnt be facing teasing/bullying from peers. So hard. :hugs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
To add insult to injury, in 3rd grade we made paperweights for our mothers. It was a clear plastic furniture cup type castor to keep the legs from scratching the floor. We put in a picture of ourselves in it, poured plaster of Paris in it, once dry, we glued felt to the bottom. So the upside down castor showed our picture. My bangs we cut so short that they weren't bangs at all, just little tufts of hair sticking out at the hairline. My Mom laughed at my picture and for years kept that paper weight with the felt side up to hold her rings. :gig :gigI found it in her things, I think I still have it somewhere around here.