Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dogs are sleeping and I could really use a nap. :( I took another 12-hour dose of pseudoephedrine for my blocked eustachian tubes overnight. I tried to skip the dose but I couldn't cope with driving over hills. I got a few miles down the road on my way to a meeting in the evening and came back home to take another dose. I didn't sleep great. A little bit of stimulant side effects. Mostly was waking up from fluid in my ears draining - a tickly feeling. Does that mean it's almost over? My ears don't hurt unless the eustachian tubes get blocked so I don't think I need an antibiotic. ??? When I had a middle ear infection last year it hurt all the time.
I have never in my lifetime had ear problems or an infection--my DH does get them though but he usually manages through the pain and doesn't even tell me. I know that he does this ear drain thing when they are really bad but other than that nothing.

I hope you have relief soon.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have never in my lifetime had ear problems or an infection--my DH does get them though but he usually manages through the pain and doesn't even tell me. I know that he does this ear drain thing when they are really bad but other than that nothing.

He's too tough for his own good. :(

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS6 has a cold. He forgot to wear a mask to school on Monday. 🤦‍♀️No fever, negative COVID test, he already had flu this year. Sent him to school with a mask 🤷‍♀️

I should be more tired than I am. The decongestant was worth it, only woke up one time with drippy/itchy sensation in one ear.

Door knocking audio at 15% volume this morning, no reaction from the dogs. That's a bigger jump than I expected. (I don't expect linear progress)

My dogs seem happy with their new schedule. Boi likes his buttons - or maybe the attention he gets from them? Last night he was wanting things I don't have buttons for. When he learns the buttons he has I will get more, I guess.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No dog here now but, I raised horses for years. That meant a lot of horse cues were used. It's association with word/action or result. As you say, use same word/cue. So, I now have goats who respond to walk, whoa, back, stop. One youngster who kept following me into the barn has quite nicely learned "out!"......I also found she has learned to turn the handle on this particular barn door to open it!! No, didn't want to have her learn that. 🤣. Goats are quite smart....

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS6 has a cold. He forgot to wear a mask to school on Monday. 🤦‍♀️No fever, negative COVID test, he already had flu this year. Sent him to school with a mask 🤷‍♀️

I should be more tired than I am. The decongestant was worth it, only woke up one time with drippy/itchy sensation in one ear.

Door knocking audio at 15% volume this morning, no reaction from the dogs. That's a bigger jump than I expected. (I don't expect linear progress)

My dogs seem happy with their new schedule. Boi likes his buttons - or maybe the attention he gets from them? Last night he was wanting things I don't have buttons for. When he learns the buttons he has I will get more, I guess.
Sorry to hear that he has a cold--probably a little expected as it is his first time around a bunch of kids in a school setting this year. DD7 has also been wearing a mask at school-feel bad kinda bc she is only 1 of 2 in her class wearing one but her asthma is pretty bad so if we can lessen the chance I feel better. Hopefully he is on the mend soon.

Nice with the door knocking! Our dog goes CRAZY with the door knocking and when the driveway alarm goes off (we have one at the end so that we know if anyone is coming down the road)

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

I keep this on the shelf, and saline nose spray to rinse out the sinuses

download (1).jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No dog here now but, I raised horses for years. That meant a lot of horse cues were used. It's association with word/action or result. As you say, use same word/cue. So, I now have goats who respond to walk, whoa, back, stop. One youngster who kept following me into the barn has quite nicely learned "out!"......I also found she has learned to turn the handle on this particular barn door to open it!! No, didn't want to have her learn that. 🤣. Goats are quite smart....
I would love to have all the animals trained. Your goat sounds awesome! About half my ewes come to the barn when called. They know where the grain is! My goats know to yell at DH when they want new hay. I stopped giving them goat treats years ago because they would yell every time I opened my front door. Silly goats!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I will admit that most of my dog training now is training myself better habits so I can raise the next puppy right. Also, I won't add another dog when I have a dog with behavior problems because they learn from each other.

I'm working on changing how Boi feels about DH. Change the motivation and the behavior problem dissipates.